“Amazing Hotel Experience!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Vista Del Mar
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Reviewed 3 March 2011

I stayed with my fiance at the Hotel Vista del Mar and we had an absolutely amazing time! The hotel is right on the beach just a short walk from the boat dock, location is in the heart of town, and the rooms are beautiful! I was very impressed by the quality of the rooms, they do not feel like your average hotel room. They are spacious, have super comfortable beds, and fireplaces! We felt like we were far away from everything being pampered for a few days! I was also really impressed by the hotel staff. They are not only friendly and helpful but they go the extra mile! When we were sad to miss cookies and milk because we were going to the movies, the reception staff offered to bring cookies and milk to our room where they were waiting for us with a personal note when we returned! It was such a nice gesture. It's the little things that sometimes make or break your experience, and we would definitely say that this hotel exceeded our expectations! It was such a nice place to come back to after a long day of hiking, parasailing and exploring. I had a great time and would definitely return. Thanks for the beautiful getaway!! =)

Reviewed 15 February 2011

I stayed with my boyfriend for Valentine days weekend. Our boat arrived early on Friday at 1215 pm, we decided to check if we can store our luggage in the hotel room. To our surprise they let us check in early at no extra cost as our rooms were ready. The rooms were clean and very nice. We were greeted with a nice "Thank You" note in our room. The fireplace in the room was wonderful to look at in bed... even if the bath tub was for 1, we enjoyed taking bubbles bath with those jets, it was perfectly relaxing after hiking for several hrs.

They have several snacks in the room for purchase but as they promised the prices were reasonable... from $1.50 to $2.50 or so. Every detail that they put in there as far as having a wine opener and wine glasses in the room were wonderful, 2 robes for use, cookies in the evening were excellent. The continental breakfast was good... would of preferred eggs and bacon but it was still good.

All the staff were warm and friendly, we were always greeted with a smile. We had no complains and would definitely stay there again.

Reviewed 12 February 2011

We are checking out of HVDM in about an hour after a 3 nite midweek stay. We had a deluxe courtyard room for the first two nites, then due to availability had to switch to the smaller room which is still cozy and wonderful. If you can, I would upgrade for the $20 to the deluxe room. Coming to Avalon in the off-season is definitely the way to go. The prices are better and you avoid the crowds and tours are discounted. We have had perfect weather, some of the best this whole last year I am told. The hotel is great value. We only paid $165 a nite for deluxe accomodation. The rooms are clean, comfortable, cozy, and graciously appointed. The fire is a lovely touch on the cold evenings. The staff were always available and helpful to answer questions or provide beach chairs, etc. Jesse and Donna were especially helpful. The only points of improvement would be, as someone mentioned, the flies in the lobby/balcony are off-putting. Also, the tubs in the bathroom are a little dated and small. The internet in our first room was a bit spotty. These are not issues enough to prevent me from returning. My boyfriend says he won't stay anywhere else. The first morning there weren't too many guests so breakfast was delivered to our room which was wonderful. The hotel is on the beach, close to everything but the rooms are set back and the building is located away from the traffic, so it is very quiet and peaceful. Steve's steakhouse is just below which is convenient for dinner. All in all I give the hotel an A++.

Reviewed 6 January 2011

Best thing about this hotel is that it is right in the middle of Avalon. You won't miss anything if you stay here. Just go down the stairs and you are right there in the middle of the small town of Avalon! Staff were very nice and we enjoyed our stay. The room was spacious and very clean.

Reviewed 4 January 2011

The ocean view rooms are pricey but well worth the extra money. Simply the best room on the entire island...and I've stayed in many. I will never go anywhere else again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2011

Thanks for making our stay enjoyable. I took my husband for his 40th birthday (Dec 29), and it was an experience of a lifetime. My husband says it's the best birthday he's ever had. We were in Rm 114, close to the back staircase, and right next to ice and vending machine, but it didn't bother us at all. What a surprise the room was. Had a fireplace, even a complimentary bottle of champagne. Had our milk and cookies, even complimentary robes, which was a welcoming gift as it was cold at night. Staff was friendly and helpful. Took my husband to the restaurant in the hotel for his birthday, and it was awesome. They gave him a birthday icecream. Our trip out was later in the afternoon and it was great that we could leave our luggage in the hotel while we continued exploring. I'll recommend this hotel to everyone. If you're looking for small, cozy and quiet, this is the place to be. A stone's throw from the water's edge.

1  Thank H-Woman
Reviewed 30 December 2010

I totally recommend Hotel Vista Del Mar. It is a little oasis in the center of town. Perfect location! Perfect room! Perfect customer service! The room was really nice and the service was top-notch. This hotel is trying to do everything right and are succeeding at it!! This is coming from someone that has stayed at many fine hotels (St. Regis, Park Hyatts, Westin, etc).