Hotel Catalina
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Aurora Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$229
Portofino Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$268
  • Breakfast included
The Avalon Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$279
  • Breakfast included
Casa Mariquita Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$170
US$164
US$154
Orbitz.com
Hotel Metropole(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$346
  • Breakfast included
El Terado Terrace(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$122
Orbitz.com
Catalina Island Inn(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$140
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Mac Rae(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$145
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsdonutshot tubclaw foot bathtubthe main hoteloriginal hotelchose hotelevery morningrecommend hotelrooms are smallshort walkdive parkno elevatorquiet hotelshared balconyold victorianbed was comfortableolder hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2012

It was our wedding anniversary and my Husband brought me to Catalina Island for our visit and we've decided to stay at Hotel Catalina. Martha had helped my Husband with the planning of the trip and I am very, very pleased with our stay. The staff is wonderful and friendly and Martha is exceptional! My Husband and I appreciate the hospitality and I was also VERY happy with our room! They had a nice jetted tub and such a beautiful room-it was a perfect little get away stay. We try to make it a trip to Catalina once a year and I got to enjoy it this time around for my anniversary and also stay at a great hotel. We loved it very much. Thank you Martha & your staff...we will visit again!

C.M.
San Diego, CA

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank CMarqz47
Reviewed 2 April 2012

The hotel old, but it looks like some new additions have been made to the old rooms. The furniture, frig., tv, bed, and bedding all look new. The carpet? Not too sure. Looks like it, but never know. I guess if you're not expecting anything fancy, this is the place. I'm glad the bed & bedding was new! Just some fall backs: the bathroom is very, very small; the shower lacks a light (a bit dark); the bathroom is also slippery when you get out, so make sure to put a towel on the ground; the walls seemed to be paited over molded, but again, not too sure; and not phones in the rooms to call the front desk or anyone for that matter.

Also, the 1st night we stayed in a mountain view room & the 2nd night in a standard room. There really isn't a difference in the rooms, only that you get a mountain view, which with all honesty, isn't much of a view. Besides, you're there to expore the island and not stay in the hotel. The mountain view also had an acutal closet w/a closet door. The standard room had a built-in, open closet, only thing, the hangers hit the wall, so it's leaning against the wall as opposed to hanging. The standard room also had a heater built in the wall, which is great because it seemed to be a bit more chilly when we entered.

One more thing to mention, the hotel does not have an elevator, so prepare to lug all your luggages if you get a top floor room, which I'm guess has the best views if you're to pay for it.

Room Tip: Between the mountain view room & the standard room, just save some money & get the standard room. Not a big difference.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KYM123
KrisGLBC, General Manager at Hotel Catalina, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

As of January 2012 we are pleased to announce that the Hotel Catalina is now under New Management. Come visit & experience our New European style Courtyard Garden Wing.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

I really don't know what these reviews were talking about... I recently stayed at the Hotel Catalina Garden suites and got a brand new remodeled room, ocean view and a brand new kitchen in the hotel. Flat screen TV's and super good service. They must have changes something, from the other reviews, because I would totally recommended. By the way, my WiFi was fine too. It was super close to everything! And I would come back again! Oh yeah... I got discounts to some restraints from them too!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank kevmoto
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We were treated with genuine hospitality by all of the staff. Expedia had messed up our reservations at another hotel, and boy were we happy (after the typical disappointment). Our room was on the top floor with a great view. We WILL be back!
As an addendum to the above (I've been back many times since writing that), we LOVE Hotel Catalina. If you like gorgeously refurbished turn-of-the century architecture, Hotel Catalina is for you!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank mlazenby
Reviewed 24 February 2012

The hotel was very clean, nice bathroom and comfortable bed. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
I travelled with a group of co-workers and had a great time. We got coupons for restaurants. Catalina island is a very nice place to spend some days off relaxing. The sightseeing of dolphins and sea lions is awesome.
Arianne