“Great Massage!”

Island Breeze Spa & Salon
Ranked #3 of 9 Spas & Wellness in Avalon
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the best Catalina Island has to offer in a place where you can get pampered from head to toe. Visit Island Breeze Spa & Salon in the Heart of Avalon. We specialize in massages, Facials, Manicures and pedicures. We are also a full service Salon.From the Island Breeze Spa & Salon comes The Bridal Salon,A Full Service salon designed for the soon-to-be bride and her entire wedding party. We specialize in hair and make-up for your wedding day. We also do manicures and Pedicures along with spa treatments and massages, to relieve those wedding day jitters. Appointments can be made in our salon or we can meet you in the privacy of your own lacation. We have been styling brides for 15 years and we would love to help make your special day's preperations a fun and memorable experience
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I received a gift card to this spa/salon as a birthday present. I had never been there before so I wasn't sure what to expect. I booked a classic massage and a pedicure. I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised by the massage. The room was quiet and tranquil, and Lily was really wonderful. I've had lots of massages before and this was one of the best I've ever had. It was so relaxing and relieved a lot of tension and stress. Lily was very professional and I would definitely go back to her again. My spa day ended with my pedicure which was fine, but nothing special for the $35 price tag. I guess you can just expect to pay higher prices in a resort town. The massage was the highlight of my trip.

There are newer reviews for Island Breeze Spa & Salon

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Spa was recommended by the Pavilion Hotel where we were staying for a couples massage. Spa is a short walk from the hotel. At first glance looked more like a womens nail salon than a "SPA." Facilities not fancy but Couples Massage was great. Carmen and Maria spent time insuring the hot spots were fixed. The hot towels were a great touch. Have had couples massages before for more money and not as good. We walked out feeling great. Good vacation treat.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Armando -- can't say enough about how good his massage was! His touch is intuitive and sure...found areas I hadn't mentioned, and worked each with diligence and grace. One of the most rewarding massages I have ever had! ANYTIME I am on Catalina Island again in the future, I will have my massage with Armando lined up! GO!!

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Tried to get a pedicure as a walk in. No clients in the place and all the help was sitting around. All three pedicure stations were empty. I was told I could have an appointment for later that day. However, it would not fit in with my schedule so I declined. Walked around the island for about 25 minutes and happened to walk by the salon again...still no clients getting pedicures. At that point, my pedicure would have been almost completed. I wonder why they open so early and won't take walk-ins especially since they had no clients in the salon at all. Oh well...I just waited until I got home and spent my money in my community.

islandbreezespa, Owner at Island Breeze Spa & Salon, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear unhappy visitor,

Please let me apologize for not being able to full fill your pedicure needs when you were kind enough to visit our beautiful island.

Unfortunately, our summer season employees have left our establishment and the island. Because of that we are presently short staffed.

On the day that you were trying to receive a pedicure, I had one employee unable to work that day and one employee on maternity leave. So I was even more understaffed and had no licensed manicurists/pedicurists on site that could service you. The employees that you saw sitting around, were masseuses that were waiting for walk-in clients or scheduled appointments. They are not licensed or trained to perform pedicures. We tried to accommodate you at another time, but that would not work for your schedule.

I hope you had a pleasant day in Avalon without the pedicure and ask you to please try us again on your next visit.

Lourdes Thoricht – owner

Reviewed 19 June 2013

We received ten-minute massages with our hotel package. We didn't expect much, so we weren't disappointed. The islanders are friendly! The skill level just wasn't there.

1  Thank KarinSDCA