“Ambiance and Good Food in Avalon”

Original Jack's Country Kitchen
Ranked #5 of 50 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My family went to this restaurant as soon as we got off the ferry. We arrived around noon and it was packed...Mondays and Wednesdays are apparently the days the cruise ships come in, so the majority of diners were from the cruise. Any other days, there is no waiting, at least in early May. We were anxious to have the macadamia nut pancakes with coconut syrup, so even though it was lunchtime, that's what we had and they did not disappoint. Servings are large and everything was delicious. The next day, we returned for lunch. I had the best cheeseburger I've had in a long time, my son had the turkey club and my husband had something I can't remember, but they both said their meals were really good. The restaurant closes at 3 pm this time of year so if visiting before prime tourist season, go early.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had expected to love this place as it's super popular, and the coffee and old-fashioned ambiance was wonderful. But, both my husband and I were weirdly disappointed in our eggs--with his "over easy" ones being almost raw and my Eggs Benedict eggs being over cooked and not actually placed on the muffin. What kind of a breakfast place can't do eggs, was our question. and we did not go back again.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Read about the Hawaiian French toast in a review and opted to try that instead of having the provided breakfast at the Pavilion. So glad I did! Dined here each morning of my stay (one day twice because I went back with friends). So delicious. Ask them to heat up the coconut syrup. Expect a wait. I'll be back!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Husband and I stopped for breakfast one morning - he and I both had variations of the eggs and bacon breakfast (he had fruit and pancakes with it - I had hash browns and wheat toast). Great bacon - thick and crunchy and healthier than most (no nitrites/nitrates) and both my husband and I liked our variations. Good service, excellent coffee, and I liked the awareness of healthier fare on the menu.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We went for breakfast on a Monday morning and were immediately seated. Waiter was prompt and friendly but food was not what we expected. Hash browns were greasy and the crapes were thick and tough. Boys got the hangover omlet and they were happy with the food.