“OK”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Ok. Husband got shrimp and a bowl of clam chowder - both good. I got calamari appetizer - though not what I expected (came as little rectangles of deep-fried meat) it was ok. Good service - nice ambiance.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,142)

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Just ok. I got ceviche which was fresh. My hub got the lobster role which was pretty bland as was the ice tea. Very noisy music in the middle of the day.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I've been going to the Lobster trap since they opened. The atmosphere can get a little loud on Summer evenings (they will sometimes have a band) but I don't mind that- I go for the food and am always treated like a friend.
I absolutely love the scallop dinner (it's my favorite) and try to get there at least once a week for dinner (when I'm living/working on the island).
The prices are about average for dinner on the island and sometimes a bit less, depending on what you're ordering.
Stop by and take a chance, you won't be sorry.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We went to The Lobster Trap twice while in Avalon. The Lobster Roll and Lobster Tacos were excellent, and a great value for the price ($18 and $6 each). The Fried Seafood Combo was equally good. A nice selection of wine and Lost Coast Brewery Beer on draft. The restaurant was very busy on both occasions, but we were quickly seated and the service was fast and friendly. Highly recommended--a must stop in Catalina.

2  Thank tk4456
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We showed up late (around nine-ish) on a Sunday night, anxious because the islands' restaurants were shutting down for the night and hungry ( after a bit of seasickness on the ferry boat earlier that morning) and without reservations, and they made us feel entirely welcome The décor is cool and we felt like two giggly kids when we got to sit at a table in an actual boat! (without the seasickedness this time :) And the food! Boyfriend had the macadamia nut mahi mahi with tropical salsa, it was the best I've tasted outside of Maui; I had the local halibut, blackened , with Rosie's special marinade...sublime. We kept eating off of each other's plates and it was all simply too yummy! The server (Miguel?) was charming, knowledgeable and helpful, and when he spotted boyfriend's happy birthday ribbon even brought us a delicious piece of red velvet cake for dessert. The wine list by the glass was quite good. Prices seem reasonable for the quality. Only regret that we didn't try this place last year when we first visited Catalina. Highly recommend if you appreciate good fish, well-prepared.