“A Must Experience During Your Catalina Stay!”

The Original Ghost Tours of Catalina
Ranked #23 of 54 Tours in Avalon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: A day or evening ghostly walking tour which will guide you through haunted Avalon; over the very burial ground the village was built upon. You will drop in on a variety of historic locations which are sure to raise the hair on your neck with their paranormal activity. You will become entwined with the unsolved mysteries, scandalous tales, ghostly sightings, types of ghosts and why they continue to haunt Avalon. Cameras are encouraged. Nothing is made up. It is historic, educational and crazy wild when we have an encounter. The tours last just over an hour and are “G Rated for Ghostly” and are great for families as well as for the serious paranormal investigator or amateur ghost hunter. Tours meet near the Casino and come back into town with some stairs involved. The tour ends at the opposite side of town at the most actively haunted site in town.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Activities for older children
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Whether you believe in 'ghosts' or not - this tour is a wonderful night experience/tour of Catalina! The guide is very fun-loving and extremely informative as a long-time local. He stopped constantly for questions and did everything he could to accomodate newcomers and make it fun.The history is fascinating and the tone gives you some chills with the stories. I definitely recommend this tour to anyone who loves the history and a nice night time walk of the island.

1  Thank Rainee T
There are newer reviews for The Original Ghost Tours of Catalina

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hour-long tour starts at the Casino in Avalon bay (not a Casino at all, but a theater) and meanders through the town, stopping in front of various historical spots. Our tour guide, Lily, was just a treasure trove of local lore and we found the experience very informative. Not spooky at all, although no doubt many historical references will be lost on younger people.

1  Thank CoolAZMom
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

My 9 year daughter and myself are big history nuts. Add some ghost encounters and thats when it becomes more interesting. Lili was our tour guide and she did such a great job! She is so passionate about what she does and it really shows. She continued to talk to us during the tour. It was only supposed to be an hour and the tour went over 15 minutes longer. We loved it!

3  Thank Yasmin G
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This was a fun tour led by Constance. She knew a lot of the history of the island and was very earnest. She really seems to know a lot about the paranormal and is good at walking backwards and talking as she leads the group. It's not halloweeny/cheesy type ghost stuff - she tells you about the different buildings in town and about the different paranormal things that have been seen there. If you'd like to learn more about the local color I recommend this trip.

3  Thank Justina H
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I purchased the tickets three weeks in advance and looked forward to the tour.
Since the tour is only an hour, I thought it would be a tour via bus/van/golf cart, but I learned that it was a walk after I purchased the tickets. A walk would have been difficult since I just had two surgeries. I was asked to meet at 7:45pm to have the 8:00pm tour; however, at 8:15pm, the tour was changed to 8:30.

The company has two new owners who did not care enough to contact its customers about the time change. At 8:45pm we gave up waiting for the tour guide to show up for the tour. Although I called the company's provided phone number, no one answered the phone, nor did anyone bother to return my call from my voice mail that I left on the answering service.

I would NOT recommend this tour to anyone who may want to purchase tickets. When I asked for a refund of my $45 and to obtain a reason as to the NO show, they had no justification for not showing up to provide the tour - they just did not feel like working that day?

I saw their golf cart parked on the street advertising the tour the night of our reservation, and the next day, but no personnel available to communicate about the NO show. The golf cart also had a parking ticket on its window which indicated to me how irresponsible this organization is.

4  Thank gRosamondM
Patrick A, Owner at The Original Ghost Tours of Catalina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2015

We apologize to hear that you were one of the very few people who did not have an enjoyable experience with the Ghost Tours of Catalina. I can assure you that my brother and I (the "new owners" of the company) do very much care about how we spent our savings. It seems you may have been fed some information from someone disgruntled about our potential purchase of this business. We are curious how this review is dated April 28, 2014 yet if you search the records my brother and I did not buy this company until several months after this review was written. I did look into why there was a ticket in the month you indicated and it was due to someone stealing the city sticker from the license plate. There was NO infraction by the company at all. I apologize for your experience but it did occur before my brother and I owned the company and are unsure of the source of your anger. Have a blessed day.