“Nice place for lunch”
Review of Avalon Grille

Reserve with OpenTable
Avalon Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 49 Restaurants in Avalon
Price range: US$16 - US$32
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Contemporary, American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, View, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Catalina Avenue
Description: Avalon's waterfront dining, located at the foot of the Green Pleasure Pier, is open seven days a week for lunch (Fri-Sun) and dinner with a lively, central bar and open air dining. The Avalon Grille features American regional dishes with a seasonal approach, paired with a world class selection of wines, micro-brew beers and cocktails in a casual and fun "al fresco" atmosphere overlooking Avalon Bay. The Avalon Grille boasts a fabulous menu including Miso Cured Bass, Lavender Roast Chicken and our famous Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Nice place for lunch”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stopped in for a late lunch. The restaurant was not crowded, the table had a pleasant view, and the service was excellent. The menu was fairly limited, but the choices were good ones. Not a "touristy" restaurant, this is a good place for a relaxing and tasty meal.

• Visited June 2014
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Avalon Grille, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for dining with us at the Avalon Grille on your recent trip to Catalina Island. We also appreciate your comments about your experience with us on TripAdvisor. Please come back and see us again when you return to Avalon.

San Diego, California
“Excellent Food!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hours vary but if you happen to be there at the right time you will appreciate the food. it is healthy and good.

Visited March 2014
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Avalon Grille, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for stopping by to see us on your recent trip to Catalina Island. My team and I were happy to serve you and glad that you enjoyed your meal. Next time you are on the island please come back and see us again.

Sandbach, United Kingdom
“Poor service”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We were half way through our starters when the waiter brought out our main meal which we were clearly not ready for. The place was practically empty so I'm not sure why they felt the need to rush us on. At this point we told them we would like to have a pause between courses- so not to bring the mains straight away (in most restaurants they wouldn't have started cooking the main until they had collected the finished starter plates.)

After a break the waiter brought us the main courses which it became very clear was the same plate of food he had tried to serve us 20 minutes earlier. My meat was very dry because it had been hanging around under a hot plate for a while. I pointed this out to the waiter who took it away to get me a fresh meal- but didn't do the same for my husband which meant he had finished his meal when I received mine. So we basically watched one another eat rather than enjoying the meal together.

Very disappointing. They made no attempt to apologise (I would have expected them to offer a free drink or something to apologise for their bad service.) I wouldn't return. The food was just ok- nothing special and the service was poor.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank HeatherandSimon
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting about your recent experience at the Avalon Grille. We appreciate your feedback as we use this to improve upon the quality of your experience in the future. Please email us at social@scico.com .

Santa Barbara, California
“Great Happy Hour”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stopped in at happy hour. The decor is lovely and upscale.
They had very good drinks at reduced price for happy hour. Food was not reduced in price. But, the food was unique and delicious.
My husband was very excited to order the braised octopus. I wasn't keen to try it, but thought I should be daring. I tasted, indeed it was fantastic.

I had an assortment of cheeses that came out with honey comb, and a peach concoction that was divine.

Hubby had IPA beer and I had a cosmopolitan. They made the cosmo just right, fresh lime juice not bottled. Drinks were very reasonably priced. Especially for the quality.

We never got a chance to have dinner here but we will next time around. I love that their menu has grass fed beef.

Visited June 2014
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Avalon Grille, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for joining us for Happy Hour at the Avalon Grille. The staff and I are happy to hear that you enjoyed your cocktails and and cheese. Please come back and see us again next time you are on Catalina Island.

Corona, California
“Very Happy Happy Hour!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

This review is strictly for happy hour as we did not dine at Avalon Grille. We visited this place for some pre-dinner cocktails and we were highly impressed with the prices. We enjoyed strong pour Jack & Coke and large glasses of quality Cabernet Sauvignon for $5. I ended with a good strong margarita on the rocks, also $5. The bar snacks were not too impressive; I saw stuffed olives and marcona almonds on the menu and two flatbreads but we weren't interested in food. There are a lot of happy hour deals along the beachfront strip there and we have tried a number of them. We prefer this spot for higher quality, generous pour liquor at a good price. Other spots offer great deals too but only for cheap quality well drinks and often a stingy barely there taste.

If you are looking for more traditional barfood fare along with your happy hour beverages then probably look elsewhere.