“Unable to connect”
Review of Dive Catalina

Dive Catalina
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Dive Catalina was established in 2007 by Ron Moore and Connie Rae. Ron has been diving since 1972 and has been teaching for over 38 years and teaching some specialty classes before they formally existed. Ron does not just teach, he also works as an underwater cameraman and filmmaker. He is an award winning video photographer whose works has been seen on most major television networks. Ron has been diving Catalina since the early 1970′s and has lived on the island since 1993. He knows diving. Connie, a certified diver for over 10 years, enjoys diving both locally and abroad. She loves people and will spoil you. Our staff has been hand-picked and is experienced and knowledgeable. Dive Catalina is a full service dive shop and offers: Introductory Dives (No experience necessary!) Guided Dives Classes Boat Dives Rentals
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

We scheduled two dives and neither one was scheduled correctly. The scheduler was very friendly but it was frustrating when we went to the shop in the morning and no one was there. We called several numbers that were listed at the shop and visited the dive site but after a couple of hours after our scheduled time we finally went to another shop. We couldn't get in contact the day prior to our scheduled dive either. They were very apologetic when they contacted us later in the day and hopefully it was a one-time miscommunication.

4  Thank swut
Connie N, General Manager at Dive Catalina, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2016

Since this review, the front desk staff and scheduler have been replaced. Come back to the island again sometime. The diving is still great.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I highly reccommend diving with Ron and his Team! I dove with them on 9-29 at Avalon Dive park and Frank was my guide. Frank was fun, extremely knowledgable, safe, and a pleasure to dive with. I must say it is one of the best dives I have ever done and I look forward to coming back to explore more with these guys! I am an advanced diver but bumping into some people on the island that did their first dive ever with Ron & his team and they also had a fantastic experience!

2  Thank tonyriccio
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Ron was very helpful getting our gear together & taking us to the dive park. He unhurriedly explained the things to look for and we found all of them. Super friendly and personable, you can't go wrong with Amy and Ron. Thanks!

1  Thank tmpix
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My husband and I researched quite a bit before choosing Ron and Dive Catalina to take our first dive. Ron put us both at complete ease (we were mostly excited, but complete novices as it was our first dive, my husband had never even snorkeled before). My dad who had been SCUBA certified since about 16 years of age also helped us pick out who to use based on their websites as well. He grew up in California, but now lives in Arizona.

We are so glad we picked Ron! He was so thorough and gave us all the information we needed for our first dive. Each of us had our own instructor (Chance was with my husband, he was great too) who lead us through each step, kept close eye on our tanks, how were were feeling, stayed right next to us the whole time and even controlled our vests and buoyancy the whole time we were down. The tour was great! We saw so many beautiful plants, soft coral and marine life. It was by far the BEST thing we did on our week long trip to Catalina and can't stop talking about it. As business owners ourselves, service is VERY important to us and our expectations were exceeded! We booked the first dive of the day, so we were able to get there early and get all our paper work completed.

If you were ever nervous about taking your first dive, don't be! With Ron, you'll be so glad you did. My husband and I are addicted to diving now and will be back soon to dive again with Ron and his crew! His experience is unmatched and as an island resident, he knows all the great spots for experienced divers too!

2  Thank itzarosielife
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I've only done tropical dives, but my dad and I thought Catalina would be a nice short trip and one of my friends recommended we dive in the dive park off the Casino. We called Dive Catalina, made a reservation two days before, showed up, got geared up, and had two private guided dives with Ron. He's very knowledgeable and a great guide. I would recommend Dive Catalina, and if you're debating diving or not, do it! You won't forget it!

2  Thank Olivia W