“Great!!”
Review of Dive Catalina

Dive Catalina
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Dive Catalina was established in 2007 by Ron Moore and Connie Rae. Ron has been diving since 1972 and has been teaching for over 38 years and teaching some specialty classes before they formally existed. Ron does not just teach, he also works as an underwater cameraman and filmmaker. He is an award winning video photographer whose works has been seen on most major television networks. Ron has been diving Catalina since the early 1970′s and has lived on the island since 1993. He knows diving. Connie, a certified diver for over 10 years, enjoys diving both locally and abroad. She loves people and will spoil you. Our staff has been hand-picked and is experienced and knowledgeable. Dive Catalina is a full service dive shop and offers: Introductory Dives (No experience necessary!) Guided Dives Classes Boat Dives Rentals
Tulare, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great!!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This place was a great place to go for a snorkeling tour!! Our instructor Tim was amazing!! He was so wonderful with all the kids he was instructing!! Great place with great prices!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Beccarue28
Connie N, General Manager at Dive Catalina, responded to this review, 8 June 2016
We have a new snorkeling instructor who is also a free-diver and loves teaching and instructing both snorkeling and free diving. Al is also a scuba diver and has a 4 ,minute breath hold, which is amazing. This gives him a lot of time under the water to hunt for things to bring back for you to experience. He does one heck of a snorkeling tour and hope anyone who reads this review of Snorkeling Catalina will give our shop and Al a shout out.

Spotsylvania, Virginia
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Great Dive experience ”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Was visiting the west coast only for a few days. I am a newly certified diver so was looking to get some experience . I explained this to Ron and he set me up with Chance as my guide for two days. Chance was great. We sat down talked about the dive plan then went and did it. Had two great days of diving. Chance knowing I was new helped me and explained how to work on my skills. After the dives he even took the time to help me fill out my dive log and work on the math for my repeat dives. Would certainly go with them again. Thanks chance for a great experience.

3 Thank GlbalTrvl
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Scuba diving”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had the best dive of our life. Thank you for a wonderful adventure. And the die you and I took afterwords was outstanding thank you. Michael Jolley

1 Thank Michael J
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This was a wonderful excursion. She even went out of her way to help us find lodging, and gave us a tour of the island.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank KrystineRachelle
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Unable to connect”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

We scheduled two dives and neither one was scheduled correctly. The scheduler was very friendly but it was frustrating when we went to the shop in the morning and no one was there. We called several numbers that were listed at the shop and visited the dive site but after a couple of hours after our scheduled time we finally went to another shop. We couldn't get in contact the day prior to our scheduled dive either. They were very apologetic when they contacted us later in the day and hopefully it was a one-time miscommunication.

4 Thank swut
Since this review, the front desk staff and scheduler have been replaced. Come back to the island again sometime. The diving is still great.