Portofino Hotel
Aurora Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$199
  • Breakfast included
El Terado Terrace(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$144
Hotels.com
US$123
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
The Avalon Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$279
US$159
US$126
Groupon.com
Hotel Metropole(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$346
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Casa Mariquita Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$170
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Mac Rae(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$145
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Catalina Island Inn(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$140
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewssun decksconescontinental breakfastthe main streetbeach chairsdescanso beacheuropean feelcatalina islandoff seasonorange juicerooms are smallthe hotel staffhotel is locatedcatalina expressbottle of champagnecourtyard roomgas fireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My husband and I spent two nights at the Portofino. We have stayed there before and always really enjoy it. Their location in Avalon is ideal for us. Close to some really fine restaurants (including their own), shops, Descanso Beach, Casino, etc. The rooms are very clean and inviting. Really exceptional continental breakfast with fresh fruit, scones, croissants, muffins and juice. Their coffee is excellent! The staff is always willing to help out. The patio next to our room with chairs and umbrella were so nice to sit in and read in the evening or morning. The sun deck has a fantastic view of the Casino, marina and town. They offer big beach towels and sun chairs. There is a shuttle across from the hotel that goes to Descanso Beach. It starts at 11:30 a.m. and comes by every 15 minutes. There are other shuttles that go there too but we only used the shuttle for Descanso Beach. I feel there is great value in this hotel and have recommended it to friends and family.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 106 which has a few stairs to it. If you have mobility problems, it may be a good idea to find a room on the lowest level. I have mobility problems and the few stairs were okay for me but might not be for someone who can't climb stairs.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ellendeette14
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I grew up in Southern California. I have been to Catalina many times but it had been a while since I had been in Avaion. Heading over on a Friday evening on a warm weekend just took all the stress away! The Villa Portofino was a great place to stay! Upgraded bathroom, amazing location right on the main thoroughfare overlooking the bay. The windows opened floor to ceiling but my only complaint was there was no balcony. A Nespresso machine in the lobby would top off an expensive rate... but everything is!

Room Tip: any of the ocean front suites.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This was our first time to travel to Catalina Island. Nine of us went for my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary. This hotel was in the perfect location (walking distance to everything), had a nice patio dining for the complimentary cont.breakfast, very friendly staff and fairly priced. We loved that are rooms were located very close together. The view of the water was fantastic. The staff was extremely friendly.....I was desperate for a safety pin and they even helped me out with that! We will be back.....this was one of the best trips our family has ever taken together and Hotel Villa Portofino made that possible!

Room Tip: We really liked the rooms down on first level: quick in/out when getting stuff out of rooms. My parents had a beautiful/suite upstairs, that was fantastic too!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The location, the staff, the overall experience at the Hotel Villa Portofino can not be beat. In fact, my wife and I are already looking forward to next summers stay. Book a room at this hotel anytime during the warm months and expect to have a wonderful time in Avalon. This hotel has a sun deck that is perfect for sharing a nice bottle of wine and watch the sun set across the marina. When the shadow covers the pier we know its time to finisch that last glass and head for dinner. For fun in the sun there is nothing like Descanso Beach, and we recommend the newest dinning experience at the Blue Water (try the Salty Caramel martini). At the Potofino Luis is very courteous and very helpful with your day and nightime planning.

Room Tip: There are two rooms that are not suites, but have windows overlooking the bay.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our brief stay here! Great room (BelleVista) and great service. Would highly recommend it. Convenient to downtown Shops and Dining. The service was wonderful. The hotel had a nice continental breakfast, beach towels, beach chairs and always had great recommendations.

Room Tip: Belle Vista had a wonderful wrap around balcony with harbor view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family