“SAFETY FIRST...RELAXED...PROFESSIONAL...FUN!”

Catalina Divers Supply
More attraction details
Owner description: Catalina Divers Supply is a 54 year old business operating on the historic Green Pleasure Pier in Avalon, Catalina Island. We offer world class scuba diving and snorkeling from the #1 rated shore dive in the western United States-Casino Point Underwater Park. We have daily charters aboard the world famous 46' Newton "Scuba Cat" that travels to numerous exotic dive & snorkel sites.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 250 helpful votes
“SAFETY FIRST...RELAXED...PROFESSIONAL...FUN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

My husband uses Catalina Divers Supply everytime we go to Catalina on business...he likes to treat himself and our teenagers to some fun scuba diving, after business is finished. There are a few Dive Shops to choose from...let me tell you WHY my husband will ONLY use Catalina Divers Supply. He is a retired U.S. Navy Seal and SAFETY must be the number one reason a person should choose a Divers Shop to go out on dives. These people brief you more thoroughly and carefully than any other Dive Shop....true professionals. All things must be considered when trying to make your decision...safety first, an extremely helpful and knowledgeable crew, a well stocked clean and sizeable boat you can move around in comfortably with all the equipment, a boat that is maintained regularly, a friendly crew who truly enjoys being out there in the ocean with you. These people make sure you aren't just going diving...they make the entire experience fun! They take you to a few locations, not just one location (like most others do). They'll stop the boat and let you watch dolphins or anything else you find interesting to stop and watch or take photos of. They're never in a hurry to rush back to land because "your time is up." They provide snacks and refreshments (which is a welcome surprise), their prices are really reasonable...not looking to gouge tourists in the least. Also low price for cameras they sell, for those who forgot their own camera. They put you at ease the minute you step through their front door...again, huge smiles that clearly show people who LOVE having you enjoy the day with them. Last trip we brought a few couples with us, along with our teenagers. Catalina Divers Supply is definitely the BEST choice you can make as far as safety, briefings, helpfulness, a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, an excellent boat. My husband never even told the shop he was a retired Navy Seal...he sat back and studied their every move...along with all the other Dive Shops. No contest. He chose this Dive Shop hands down....these people should be your ONLY choice when trying to decide on the right Dive Shop, to ensure your safety under water in the ocean...having fun at the same time! See you again in July!

Visited October 2011
18 Thank VegasConciergeFirm

Phoenix, Arizona
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 251 helpful votes
“Excellent customer service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

these guys are real friendly and helpful! Plus Catalina is an awesome SO CAL diving destination! If you want to do a day trip to Catalina to dive you cant go wrong using these guys to rent your gear!

Visited January 2011
1 Thank EliteEventServices
Chicago, Illinois
“Friendly crew, nice boat, great expereince”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

We had a small group on this two tank boat dive and as dive boats go, their boat is large as spacious which made for a very comfortable dive trip. They took us North from Avalon to two locations named Twin Rocks and Red Crane. At Twin Rocks were two giant Sea Bass that must have been about 200 lbs each. The kelp forests were amazing and there were small rays throughout. On the way back to Avalon we spotted dozens of Risso’s dolphins. So we stopped to watch them for a while. There were a lot of refreshments and snacks on the boat which was a nice touch. The crew was very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this dive shop.

Visited July 2011
Greenville, Mississippi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Quite an adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

My fiance and I went to Catalina recently for a mini-vacation and went scuba diving (intro scuba dive) with Catalina Divers Supply. Getting a reservation was easy, they were really friendly and our instructor made sure that we (the two of us and another girl) really got the skills and the hang of it before going down further and doing the fun dive part of the intro. We had a great experience with them and scuba diving is quite the adventure - I think I'm hooked! (too bad it's an expensive hobby!)
P.S. - We also got an underwater camera there, and it was cheaper than another place we looked (for the same camera).

Visited June 2011
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“1st Time Visitor not the last!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

I visited Catalina Island last weekend for the first time. I wanted to to try my hand at scuba diving. I have never dove only snorkeled. I was a bit nervous at first but the employees at Catalina Divers Supply put me at ease from the moment I stepped into the office. I had such a great time learning how to dive that I can't wait to go back. I would highly recommend Catalina Divers Supply to anyone looking for a great time on the Island.

Visited March 2011