“Best on Catalina”

Catalina Divers Supply
More attraction details
Owner description: Catalina Divers Supply is a 54 year old business operating on the historic Green Pleasure Pier in Avalon, Catalina Island. We offer world class scuba diving and snorkeling from the #1 rated shore dive in the western United States-Casino Point Underwater Park. We have daily charters aboard the world famous 46' Newton "Scuba Cat" that travels to numerous exotic dive & snorkel sites.
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Best on Catalina”
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

We booked a dive a month in advance and then received a call a few days prior informing us that our date could not be secured due to a new contract with a cruise ship. We only had one day to dive so we needed to book something quickly. The manager, Eric, called and apologized and made a big effort to make things right. We ended up diving with Cindy and Eric, who were excellent guides. The visibility was great and the diving was fantastic! We will definitely be diving with this company the next time we visit the island.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank AZTravelingcouple

San Diego, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Went out of their way to help us.”
Reviewed 25 December 2012

During the holidays they are closed, however they leave a phone number on the building, and will make a special trip down to the water to rent you gear. They not only made sure we were able to dive on our trip, but made sure the rental, and returns were easy and smooth

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Sean407
Venice Beach CA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Ruth is the best!!”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I had planned to go out to the island with a group of friends. Due to unforeseen circumstances I was left to dive by myself. Determined to check out the dive park I booked a private dive through CDS and Ruth was my tour guide. She was very professional, and made me feel very comfortable underwater. The rental equipment that was provided was totally up to par. This being only my 5th open water dive I was a little nervous, but not more then a minute under water with Ruth I felt great!! After the dive she gave me the total rundown of all the fish, and cool stuff I had seen. Thanks CDS for making my trip to the dive park excellent. I will be back very soon.

Visited July 2012
Malibu, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“If you want to see the kelp forest, this is the place”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Booked this dive as part of a cruise. The people were attentive and professional. Even though I was the only diver on the trip, they put it on with an excellent guide/instructor. I dove most of the kelp forests off Southern California over 35 years ago. The Catalina Dive Park is the easiest way to see this amazing habitat, and this outfit makes it easy. In all those years, I never saw so many fish as I did on this trip.

Visited March 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 250 helpful votes
“SAFETY FIRST...RELAXED...PROFESSIONAL...FUN!”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

My husband uses Catalina Divers Supply everytime we go to Catalina on business...he likes to treat himself and our teenagers to some fun scuba diving, after business is finished. There are a few Dive Shops to choose from...let me tell you WHY my husband will ONLY use Catalina Divers Supply. He is a retired U.S. Navy Seal and SAFETY must be the number one reason a person should choose a Divers Shop to go out on dives. These people brief you more thoroughly and carefully than any other Dive Shop....true professionals. All things must be considered when trying to make your decision...safety first, an extremely helpful and knowledgeable crew, a well stocked clean and sizeable boat you can move around in comfortably with all the equipment, a boat that is maintained regularly, a friendly crew who truly enjoys being out there in the ocean with you. These people make sure you aren't just going diving...they make the entire experience fun! They take you to a few locations, not just one location (like most others do). They'll stop the boat and let you watch dolphins or anything else you find interesting to stop and watch or take photos of. They're never in a hurry to rush back to land because "your time is up." They provide snacks and refreshments (which is a welcome surprise), their prices are really reasonable...not looking to gouge tourists in the least. Also low price for cameras they sell, for those who forgot their own camera. They put you at ease the minute you step through their front door...again, huge smiles that clearly show people who LOVE having you enjoy the day with them. Last trip we brought a few couples with us, along with our teenagers. Catalina Divers Supply is definitely the BEST choice you can make as far as safety, briefings, helpfulness, a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, an excellent boat. My husband never even told the shop he was a retired Navy Seal...he sat back and studied their every move...along with all the other Dive Shops. No contest. He chose this Dive Shop hands down....these people should be your ONLY choice when trying to decide on the right Dive Shop, to ensure your safety under water in the ocean...having fun at the same time! See you again in July!

Visited October 2011