“This place is great.”

Ranked #19 of 50 Restaurants in Avalon
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I love Mr. Ning's. I love coming to eat here with the warm friendly staff. Jan is Awesome. I love the orange chicken, the fried fish and shrimp, and their soups are good too. They can modify almost anything for you. Lunch menu is the best value but a nice dinner spot with a few to the busy street outside.

1  Thank MyOpinion1984
There are newer reviews for Mr. Ning's Chinese Garden

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Our meal was only average and one dish did not meet our expectations. I don't mind unseasoned food, I almost never use salt, and maybe a little pepper but otherwise I drive my wife crazy when I don't add seasoning when cooking. But our meal went beyond that, the chicken chow fun was completely flavorless and the orange chicken was deep fried and then an orange sauce poured over it, this was not how most chinese restaurants I have been to serve it. The egg roll/spring rolls were greasy and undercooked, still doughy. On the plus side the egg flower soup was hot enough to cause severe burns if not careful and had a nice flavor. Overall, I would rather have had a hamburger than be just completely disappointed as we were.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My new husband and I were seated right when we walked in the door for dinner. The staff was very nice and served us in a timely manner. We order the egg flower soup, chicken lo mein, sweet and sour chicken and orange shrimp. The food was delicious! We were checked up on throughout our meal and they were really good at refilling our drinks. The staff was super friendly and funny. I know its the only Chinese food restaurant on the island, but its one of the best I've been to.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

It was right next to our hotel. Greeted with a smile and served by 3 or 4 different people there. Highly recommended there for a delicious lunch at a reasonable price!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I was not expecting great Chinese food on Catalina. I was very pleasantly surprised when I absolutely LOVED it! Great food, cozy feel to the restaurant and very decent prices. Will return when I come back to the island!