“Excellent customer service!”
Review of Hotel Atwater

Hotel Atwater
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Reviewed 26 July 2011

All of the staff at Hotel Atwater are professional and courteous. I had many questions and requests. They were very knowledgeable and happy to help. I also appreciated the fresh coffee available in the lobby.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 July 2011

We had some Australian friends over for holiday, and wanted to spend a few days in Catalina. July can be busy & pricey, but after searching on the Internet, I decided on two rooms for two nights each. As I recall, we paid about $210.00 for two nights in a king bed. It was quite the bargain, because the Catalina ferry ride (2 per room) was included. Since the ride was usually $70.00 each, it was a savings of $140.00 per room!

The rooms were small, but clean. It was a bit hot (no AC), but the nights were fine. The rooms have been recenty upgraded, which is nice. My wife noticed that the same watercolor print was on 3 of the 4 walls, it was actually cute.

If you are looking for an expensive 5 star hotel, keep looking. If you want location, value, and a clean place to stay in Catalina, then the Hotel Atwater is the place!

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank rottnestwa
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I'd like to thank you for the wonderful Family Package Adventure, that included Kayaking, Miniature Golf, Glass Bottom Boat and Movie Tickets at the famous Casino. First time kayaking, big fun, SPENCER WAS THE BOMB!!! he was great directing us on the ocean and he was fun and informative and he dove off this huge rock and we all cheered!!!

At the Hotel Atwater, although the rooms were very small, no room service, no microwave, no small refrigerator, no coffee maker, not even a telephone in the room for emergencies, the bed was clean and we did not see any bugs, thank God!!! Also, I enjoyed walking up the stairs every day and we enjoyed seeing the Ocean from our room. I felt safe.

Juan, at the Reservations desk, was professional, courteous and implemented all requests efficiently and in a timely manner. At the Hotel Atwater, Ashley, at the front desk, was initially not very friendly. She was not happy to be there that day, she said, but the next day, she was friendlier and acknowledged guests in a more positive manner. Also, the front desk personnel should greet everyone entering or passing through the Hotel with a nice greeting and smile, I would appreciate it. I thank you for the coffee and tea provided for guests of the Hotel Atwater. God bless you and all affiliated with Santa Catalina Island.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our Vacation Package with excursions!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Rooms very small, no air conditioning so window had to be open. You could hear everyones conversation. You could hear talking across the street from children and people drinking at the bar. No phones, no hairdryer. Shower very small like in a camper.
Hostess at the counter wasn't very friendly and didn't even know where our room was. She told us the wrong way and we had to find it ourselfs. Would not stay there again for recommand it to anyone.
Location was perfect. Could walk to everything.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2011

I've stayed at the Hotel Atwater twice now, the rooms are quite nice especially when you consider the price but the thing that really sets this property apart from the others is it's staff they should all be very proud of the high quality customer service they provide. I would like to thank paul and miguel for going way (26 mi) out of their way to solve my problem, totally my fault you guy"s are great!!! Thanks

Room Tip: call the 800 number and book though reservations
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank mike702
Reviewed 24 June 2011

My daughter and I stayed here for my birthday! We looked at many hotels on Catalina Island, and they were all pretty expensive, but when we found Hortel Atwater, we thought we would give it a chance, and I am sure glad we did! It was quaint, not old fashioned, and unique because it was built in the 1920's, nice and clean and comfortable, and a great deal for the price! I am sure glad that we did not listen to other reviews of this hotel, and took a chance, because we really enjoyed our stay. We had a third floor view of the water and were even able to leave our windows open all night! We had a fabulous time! :)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2011

This was a wonderful stay and I would reccomend it... FYI... the rollaway beds are much comfier then the beds(: great staff... but there are window problems and noisy neighbors at night. not that big of a deal though.Otherwise wonderful.

Room Tip: ones facing the street will be noiser
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends