“Amazing experience”
Review of Hotel Atwater

Hotel Atwater
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Reviewed 11 July 2013

The Hotel Atwater is the best hotel for several reasons. First off the staff is incredibly helpful and will book reservations for you and make suggestions. Annabelle was the greatest help! Second, my boyfriends phone got stolen out of my purse so Annabelle and one other staff member helped us located the phone and provided great help for about two hours and finally we found the phone. You can't beat the price. We will be Val next year for our new yearly vacation! Thanks hotel Atwater for making our trip amazing!

• Stayed: June 2013
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Hotel Atwater, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Atwater during your visit to Catalina Island. We appreciate your time to share with us your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to share your feedback with my entire team and will recognize them for a job well done. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Visited Catalina for the first time and stayed at Hotel Atwater. Great price and location. The staff was friendly and accomodating. The rooms are small but clean. Only complaint is the wifi wasn't working. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Another visit to Hotel Atwater and they continue to maintain their quality service, cleanliness and value for $$$. Bellman Adam especially went ouf of his way to be helpful and greeted me personally each time he saw me. Although the rooms are small (I book the economy queen), you have everything you need. And, a hint - book an inside room - they are very quiet. Even with the entire band from USC booked there for the 4th of July, there was little noise. It's my #1 summer hotel. Thanks.

• Stayed: July 2013
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Hotel Atwater, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to share your feedback with my entire team and will recognize them for a job well done. Thank you for taking the time to personally acknowledge Adam in contributing to your wonderful experience.

Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

I am at the hotel now! It's a fine hotel clean rooms older building like most places on Avalon. The room is tiny but I think that is just because the building is so old. I think most places in Avalon have small rooms as well. Staff was very friendly and they have coffee in the mornings in the lottery. They have an iron and ironing board in the room but no hair dryer. Also the shower is very small

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hotel Atwater on your recent visit to Catalina Island. My team and I express our sincerest appreciation for taking the time to share your hotel experience with others on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Atwater.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

The staff members are very attentive and friendly especially Katrina K and Adam. The rooms are very clean and the size is just right for a couple. The bathroom is small but it wasnt an issue at all. Everything is walking distance. If you get sea sick there's a pharmacy around the corner. There's places to eat everywhere The package deal comes with great activities that'll keep you busy. They have a storage incase you bring your bike ect.. The only con I could think of, well.. Not really a con because it didn't bother me at all but my girlfriend said the pillows weren't that comfortable, but then again she has a really big head jk lol.. Overall great package deal, awesome staff and I'm definitely coming back :)

Reviewed 1 July 2013

The Hotel Atwater has been updated and remodeled since I last stayed there. The hotel was very clean and the beds were so comfortable. Staff were so friendly and helpful. The accommadations were perfect for our visit. Close to the water and boardwalk. I definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Atwater and for taking the time to share your memorable experience of your recent stay on TripAdvisor.

It is my pleasure to share your feedback with my team. Thank you once again for recommending our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

My granddaughter and I stayed at the Atwater and had a great experience. The staff is very helpful. We got in at 10:30 a.m. and of course our room check in was 2pm. However they went ahead and got our room ready for us and gave us a call that it was ready within an hour of arrival. The only negative is that the hotel has no elevators and we were on the 3rd floor. The bellman was very helpful taking and retrieving our bags to our room for us. They also arranged for a taxi to pick us up the day wen left. The hotel is rather old and somewhat dated, yet it was clean and the beds comfortable. Over all....Great experience and customer service.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the lower floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Hotel Atwater, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience of your recent stay at the Hotel Atwater on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular, you were delighted with the service provided by my team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Catalina Island.