“Outstanding value”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Carson City, Nevada
“Outstanding value”
Reviewed 14 October 2010

We stayed in a corner suite and couldn't have asked for anything nicer. The rooms may have been old, but they were spacious, very clean and quiet. The staff was always pleasant and accommodating. Walking up 3 flights was no problem and allowed me to feel less guilty eating ice cream sundaes each night. Very convenient location within walking distance of everything. We look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Murrieta, California
Reviewed 18 July 2010

We stayed at the Hotel Atwater for two nights and even though the hotel staff was extremely helpful the hotel itself was dirty and in need of a serious renovation. I would definently find something different when we go back.

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2010

The windows and walls are so poor that you could hear conversations of partiers outside cussing all night long. Our 10 x 10 foot room had no AC and a paper thin mattress. No elevator and had to climb 3 flights of stairs. Found out others in our party booked other much nicer hotels for much less money.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank Kennakerry
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed 16 July 2010

My spouse surprised me for our anniversary and booked the Atwater with a zipline tour. The front desk personnel was friendly and helpful but the hotel is very old and could use further renovations. Overall, I was not impressed but in this case, you get what you pay for. If you value luxury, visit a different hotel. If you are a fan of "charming" you might like it. On the positive side, it would be easy to walk from the Catalina express to the hotel and heading back to the mainland, the hotel offers to transport luggage to the dock so you don't need to carry it around. I would highly recommend ziplining and Restorante Villa Portofino .

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AK_foodie2010
burbank
Reviewed 28 June 2010

I've been going to Catalina for over 40 years. I either get a weekly rental or stay at the Atwater. It's not a great hotel, but it gets the job done. Sometimes, it's a little noisy. Sometimes, the AC could be better. But for the price and location, it's superb. I'm going for 3 days this summer, so it's perfect. I've recommended it to friends for years. My sister didn't like it---she's more the upscale type who'll spend $300 or more. Good for her. Funny. We spent the same amount of time on the beach and running around the island and I saved $200 per day.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Victorville, California
Reviewed 27 May 2010

After speaking with management SCOTT and making him aware of our experience he was more than sorry, he was embarrased at his staff (one person in particular). All I can say is I am very very happy with how SCOTT resolved our problem. Thank you very much for listening to our concerns and taking the time to correct any wrong doing. I told myself I would not let one bad apple ruin my experiences on such a beautifull place. I will be back to Catalina Island absolutely! Stay at the Atwater, very possible! Thank You SCOTT.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2010

The whole trip was great until the lady Karen at the front desk started vein rude. Seems like they have s manager named Scott whine they can never reach and either can I. The rude employees run it. I recommend u steer clear from this Low class hotel.

• Stayed May 2010