“Snug Harbor Inn Keeps Us Coming Back Again and Again”
Review of Snug Harbor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Snug Harbor Inn
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Reviewed 18 March 2011

Snug Harbor Inn is right on the bay in Avalon and they offer impeccable service. Each one of the staff members are courteous and professional. They take care of every detail and make us feel at home every time we visit the island and stay at Snug Harbor Inn.

It's the details that matter....a large DVD selection, slippers (that you get to take home), plush bath robes, complimentary breakfast brought to your room and set-up (served at the time you want it), complimentary water bottles, coffee available at 6 a.m., happy hour with great wine and lots of yummy h'orderves, and so much more!

I highly recommend Snug Harbor Inn.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 February 2011

You walk upstairs and there is a hallway, clean and cozy. The staff was incredibly friendly and it felt as if we were at home away from home. We went through Catalina Express deals and got the boat fare over and the room stay. The room was nicely decorated, fireplace in room, spa tub/shower. Blu ray dvd, Bose stereo, breakfast served in room at your choice of time in the morning and they offer tea, coffee and hot coco throughout the day. Wine and appetizers from 5-6pm. The little things really made our stay special and can't wait to come back, even refer friends and family. I chose this hotel from tripadvisor's reviews, and SO glad I did. Thank you.

Reviewed 19 February 2011

Everything was beautiful, clean, comfortable and the staff was friendly and nice!
They bring you breakfast to your room, but not until 8:30am, so if you want it earlier, go to the Pancake Cottage down the street at 6:30 instead.
It is centrally located and walking distance to everything in Avalon.
It has updated decor and the fireplace was wonderful! The only thing is the building is old, so the walls are rather thin, which left us feeling less than private. All in all, a wonderful place to stay!

Reviewed 16 February 2011

I planned this trip as a surprise Anniversary weekend for my hubby. After much hotel research online, I chose Snug Harbor Inn. I am glad I did. We had a wonderful weekend. The location is perfect, conveniently located to everything we needed. The staff is so friendly, helpful and welcoming. The continental breakfast served to you in your room at the time you chose, was perfect. We have 4 kids, so we truly were looking for relaxation and a break from our fast pace life. Therefore, at the end of each day, it was nice to be able to borrow a dvd, start the fireplace and relax on their comfy bed! The wine and cheese served each afternoon was delightful! Love the decor! The only negative that I can think of, is the nightclub adjacent to the hotel. It appears to be a hangout for the locals and got pretty rowdy 2 of our 3 night stay. However, after the first night, my hubby and I used the supplied earplugs and that did help quite a bit. Snug Harbor goes out of their way to make sure your stay is comfortable, enjoyable! The robes, slippers, sleep mask, earplugs, bose radio, blue ray dvd player, flat screen tv, fireplace, breakfast, wine/cheese, every last detail was thoroughly enjoyed!!!!

Reviewed 24 January 2011

The snug harbor has 6 beautiful rooms, 2 with full ocean views. My room had partial it was lovely. Great location. The breakfast is fresh berries with granola, yogurt, bread loaf assorted teas, coffee and juice comes right to your room. They have afternoon wine and cheese. They have stairs so is is not handicap accessible. The staff are very nice and courteous.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed 24 January 2011

The Snug Harbor Inn is ideal for any couple seeking a cozy, romantic, and memorable experience. Their attention to detail was apparent and impressive. His and her slippers were extremely comfortable, which matched, and went well with the ear plugs, sleeping masks, all of which were complimentary. The best part was the wine, accompanied with fancy cheese and hors d'oeuvres served nightly. The beautiful breakfast delivered each morning was phenomenal: Fresh raspberries/blueberries, granola and yogurt, as well as fresh baked bread. One day we were served hot blueberry bread, the next banana nut... each wrapped with a bow and fresh hibiscus flower. You will be extremely satisfied and get your moneys worth by staying at this cozy, yet elegant Inn. The Snug Harbor Inn by far surpasses all other hotels existing in Catalina.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2011

Having never been to Avalon before, i had no idea where to stay. A close friend of mine recommended my fiance and I look into the Snug Harbor Inn. He and his wife frequent there for their romantic getaways. So, I booked the Santa Catalina Suite for three nights and we headed on over. Lets just say i definitely made the right decision. I slept better than i do at my own home. I don't know if it was because of the complimentary wine and cheese served each night, the warm fireplace by our bed, or the eyemasks provided for a solid sleep. Either way, i was very impressed. Breakfast was delivered to the room every morning at the time we selected, it was even set up for us (beautifully, i might add) next to our ocean view window. It seemed the staff had a genuine interest in making our stay enjoyable. We wanted to try the new zip line, but we had no idea where to start, so I asked Donna at the front desk, and she called and made the reservations for us. The attention to detail was superb. Flowers, eye masks, fireplaces, wine, cheese, breakfast in bed, nautical decor, ocean views. I'm very pleased... to say the least. I'd be blessed to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple