“Wonderful, romantic, classy”
Review of Snug Harbor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Snug Harbor Inn
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Reviewed 6 November 2007

We stayed in the Santa Catalina room for two nights. Wish we could have stayed much longer. We had a very nice view of the marina/ocean while eating our wonderful breakfast that was delivered to our room. We had a great bed with first-class linen, wonderful jacuzzi and shower, lots of goodies (loofa, great soaps, shampoos, etc.) Lots of little touches that made us feel very special. The wine and cheese at 5pm was fabulous. Could not have asked for more. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank coffee44

Reviewed 31 July 2007

Researched nearly every hotel on the island and ended up staying at Snug Harbor Inn. Great choice. I couldn't really find anything negative about the place - it's in a great location, the staff are very accommodating, the breakfast in the morning is very good, free cheese and wine in the evening...it's just a fun experience all around.

Guys -- if you want to impress your girl, I would definitely recommend this place. I took my girlfriend here for her birthday and she fell in love with it.

I know Catalina is the type of place where you just need a bed to sleep in, but this hotel really does add to the trip. In my top ten hotels I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PiKap335
Reviewed 5 June 2007

My husband and I recently stayed their a few weekends ago and really enjoyed our stay. The room was tastefully decorated, we learned that each of the rooms had a different theme. The hotel was in a very convenient location just right off the main drag. The service was impeccable. An honorable mention to Juan who went out of his way to make our stay comfortable. They bring a complimentary breakfast in a large basket each morning and set it up in your room at the time of your choice. Each evening they offer wine and cheese and a chance to mingle with the other guests. Each room is equipped with a dvd/vcr player and they offer a selection of videos at the front desk.

My only complaint would be that the Chi Chi Club (the local night club across the street) was pretty loud, but I attribute that to the weekend we went. It was Memorial weekend and a lot of younger people were there. The inn provided earplugs so we just popped them in and slept like a baby.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sbmelanie
Reviewed 9 January 2007

The Snug Harbor Inn is a delightful bed and breakfast you should not miss!

The Santa Barbara room is located at the end of the hallway, so it shares a wall with only one other room. Cozy, yet adequate, it is decorated in a Cape Cod style; a beach mural is directly behind the bed, which faces a gas fireplace. When seated at the breakfast table by the window you have a beautiful view of the harbor and the hills of Avalon.

The king size bed and down comforter are extremely comfortable. The bathroom is tiny, but only because the jacuzzi tub/shower are very wide and deep. Two terry-cloth robes are hung in the closet (smallest I've ever seen). You are able to "rent" DVDs from the hotel desk and two CD's with soothing music are left for your enjoyment. At the bedside are a Bose stereo, an eyemask and earplugs. (You will need the earplugs, the street noise at night is audible).

Also at the inn, we enjoyed the wine and assorted cheeses left at the cocktail hour, while we sat by the fire. When we returned from dinner our bed was turned down with two chocolates left on the nightstand.

A highlight of the inn was certainly the charming breakfast. You schedule its arrival at check-in on a first come, first serve basis. The food was excellent and filling. Each morning we had a warm homemade cranberry loaf, fresh orange juice, coffee, yogurt and granola.

Although slow to answer calls to the front desk, the staff was always courteous.

I am already planning which week next year I'd like to stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank love2traveltheworld
Reviewed 3 October 2006

I had a wonderful time staying in Catalina for my 15th wedding anniversary. We married in Catalina and hadn’t been back since that time, so 3 children later we were ready to relive our youth. Although my wife made reservations ahead of time, I called afterward and made arrangements to make the stay more “romantic." Crystal was delightful while helping make reservations at restaurants, giving me ideas about picnics, and even setting us up with a bottle of Chardonnay in our room before we arrived. She was wonderful in helping us make our stay as nice as possible.

The rooms are very nice, though cozy is aptly descriptive, I found the layout very nice with a wonderful fireplace, and Jacuzzi-bath that my wife loved to relax in. Breakfast was very tasty and filling. The wine and cheese afternoon could use a little more work, but is still a nice touch. The room is very near the heart of the town, and the club across the street was not an issue noise-wise, even on Saturday. All the slippers, eyeshades, and robes are a plus to make the stay very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jhadenp
A TripAdvisor Member
Long Beach, Ca
Reviewed 17 April 2006

My husband and I just returned from our trip to Catalina. Although we look forward to our next trip there, we will not stay at the Snug Harbor Inn again. I chose Snug Harbor for the personal service that inns provide and the service was not there, especially since no one is available after hours. We stayed in the San Nicholas room and even though it is their 2nd most expensive room, we found out it’s also their 2nd smallest room. It was very small! In addition, the blinds were not working and we were not able to fully enjoy the ocean view I paid so much for. Also, Snug Harbor Inn is located in the loud part of Avalon. We went to bed with the windows open, so that we could wake up to the sounds of the ocean waves, and it took me hours before I could fall asleep.

18  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 29 January 2006

Snug Harbor Inn is a romatic island escape on beautiful Catalina Island. The hotel employees were helpful, courteous and pleasant. The room decor was warm and inviting and the decorators paid attention to detail. The wine and cheese available in the afternoon was a lovely addition to a wonderful stay. We would strongly recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2006