“Superb stay”
Review of Snug Harbor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Snug Harbor Inn
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I do not care for bed and breakfasts; however, if the Snug Harbor Inn is one, I will make this an exception. The staff were exceptional, catering to virtually anything we requested. The "happy hour" is very good, where they offered white and red wines with cheeses, nuts, dips, crackers, etc. The breakfasts were delivered to our room, with hot fruit breads served with yogurt, cereal, fresh fruit, fresh squeezed orange juice, and other breakfast items. If you go to Catalina, you must stay here. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Snug Harbor Inn

Reviewed 1 June 2013

5 stars all around for the Snug Harbor Inn--- excellent location on Catalina Island with extra amenities galore. Complementary wine tasting and snacks, breakfast service in the morning--- we were pampered from the moment we arrived! The staff was attentive to every need and it made for a very relaxing stay. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2013

This small, intimate, and very quaint hotel has it all, I highly recommend it. The rooms though small in square footage are elegantly decorated with fireplace and very nicely updated bathroom. The wine tasting was a nice free perk.. The included breakfast was healthy and served in a very nice basket. The staff was very helpful and the bed was turned back for us with fresh chocolate. This was my girlfriend's birthday and they gave her balloons and a bottle of champagne all very romantic. We stayed in the Santa Barbara room which had a casino view and was quiet at the same time. The only negative is hotel is on the second floor, up long stairs and has no elevator so be forewarned. All in all a great value on the main drag in the middle of Avalon

Room Tip: Birthday package includes free transportation for birthday guest on Avalon Express, champagne and ba...
3  Thank sdskyguy
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Love everything about this place, from the cozy and very clean rooms to the friendly and most accomodating staff.Will definitely go back and recommend to those who want to visit Catalina Island.To the nice and wonderful staff, thank you!We definitely enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Janus1920
Reviewed 16 May 2013

This place is hands down, one of the best inns on the island. Clean and quaint and of course, snug. Wine and light snacks at 5pm were super good and simple. Tomatoes, feta cheese, basil and balsamic was a easy but delicious accessory to the free wine. Having that helped us save some money since we got a little something to eat and nicely buzzed, me and my girlfriend shared each meal after we went out and spent less money by not buying more drinks. The breakfast is simplistic, yet filling with granola, bread and fruit. The room we stayed in was a bit cramped but you don't need to stay inside all day. The television was very nice with high def plasma screens and they had ESPN which was the only channel I needed. They had a decent DVD/bluray collection that was complimentary if you wanted to stay in or relax after a fun filled day. Booking a package is one of the cheapest routes you can take which saves you some extra cash on round trip boat rides. A great experience for a first ti e Catalina visit. It is next to some local places in the area and one downside were other crazy tourists yelling outside at midnight at this place called the ChiChi Club...don't know what's in there... But great experience none the less.

Room Tip: There's only 6 rooms in the whole place and all are very nice.
1  Thank Brian D
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I dont know where to start. Ever since I got back from staying at the Snug Harbor Inn I havent shut up about this place to all my friends and anyone who I can grab to talk to about it. My boyfriend and I arrived early for our 2 night stay at SHI and we were so happy to find out that our room was ready. it was raining a little bit outside and our parasailing excursion was cancelled. BUT that did not matter at all because our room was so amazing that we didnt mind staying in and lounging in it. We stayed in the Santa Cruz room, small and cozy room but thats all we needed. We surprised to have a Jacuzzi Tub in our room! it was Phenomenal!! We also had a HUGE plasma tv and had all of our favorite channels. We were there to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday and upon arrival (since I booked the birthday package) there was a bottle of champagne and a cute note card saying Happy Birthday. The hospitality at this place was truly incredible. I've never felt so at home and taken care of. ALSO how can i forget the wonderful daily breakfast that they set up in your room. If you're in Catalina and want an amazing place to stay, this is it. Honestly, my boyfriend and I love traveling and this is by far one of the best, if not the best, bed and breakfast we've ever stayed at.

5  Thank BrendaZZ
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is a great hidden pleasure in Avalon close to everything. Outstanding place to enjoy your spouse! Great staff! You do have a few stairs to climb, so pack lite. Great breakfast for two plus wine to start the evening.

Room Tip: Each room is unique. We had a tour of each, so call staff. They are very helpful.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple