“What more could you ask for”
Review of Snug Harbor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Snug Harbor Inn
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The staff was fantastic catering to every need. We went for my wife's birthday and when we go back for mine or any other reason this is the only place I will stay. Continental breakfast in the morning to making any tour reservations, to the evening wine and cheese reception it was perfect. We got in early and did not have to drag our luggage around the town. It was stored and then they called us when our room was ready. All I can say is it was perfect and we will be back and only stay there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steven T

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Two nights of heaven! The staff are professional, helpful and friendly. The rooms are delightful, spotless, individual, super comfy and well appointed. The bathrobes are voluptuous and fluffy to envelop yourself after a Gilchrist and Soames jacuzzi style bubble bath. The continental breakfast is splendid and delivered to your room in a unique manner. Early evening complimentary wine and hors d'oevres afford you the opportunity to meet fellow, equally happy guests and the hotel is perfectly centrally located to enjoy everything Avalon has to offer. 100% satisfaction.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank LoobyLighthouse
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My husband and I scheduled this trip as our Valentines gift to each other. The excellent service started with the reservation phone call. We arrived on a Tuesday at 11 a.m. the hotel staff was so accommodating and while our room wasn't ready (check-in isn't until 3 p.m.) so we didn't expect it to be ready, they stored our bags and called us as soon as it was ready which was within an hour. When we went back to the hotel they had already moved our bags into our room. We also forgot a charger for our phones and they were able to provide one for the duration of our stay. Each night we came back to our room and the bed was turned down and there were chocolates. Each morning the continental breakfast they delivered to our room was amazing especially with the view we had. We also enjoyed the evening wine and hors d'oeuvres they provide each evening. We stayed in the San Nicolas room which is amazing. When we go back to Catalina we will only stay at the Snug Harbor Inn and stay in the San Nicolas room. I know for some people the rates may seem high but this hotel and their staff made it so worth it. This was the first vacation that we have taken where the day for us to check out came and we stayed in the hotel right up until we had to check out. Truly an amazing experience. Thank you Snug Harbor Inn.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My wife and I stayed a Friday and Saturday night at the Snug Harbor. We were both very impressed. The location is great, it is centrally located and within walking distance of everything you would want to do inside of Avalon. The hotel is located up a flight of stairs over some nice shops. Check in was smooth and friendly, and there is a menu card for the continental breakfast that you leave with the front desk after check-in.

The room was tastefully decorated with wood floors, bright walls and an enormous Samsung HD flat screen with DirecTV. The room and all areas of the hotel were very clean. I can't say for sure but I would have to guess the hotel had been totally renovated in the last few years. The reception area is like a small den with a fireplace. They serve appetizers (cured meats, crackers, cheeses) and wine in the afternoon there at no cost. The continental breakfast was high quality for what it was. Fresh baked carrot loaf or banana bread that was still warm. High quality granola or whole grain cereal with milk, and yogurt and fruit.

I booked through their website (actually submitted an inquiry and then they contacted me). Check out their site. It is very representative of the experience. I would highly recommend and would go back. The only thing I will note is that our room was the Santa Cruz room and it was very small. They indicated that it was the smallest room before we booked it. It didn't bother us as we were out most of the day and the price was better. But if you are claustrophobic or just really enjoy space I would ask for a larger option.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My husband and I spend 2 nights at the Snug Harbor Inn for our Wedding Anniversary. We were impressed from beginning to end. The hospitality was incredible. Balloms, flowers and Champagne on our guest table. The suite had the perfect romantic setting with fireplace in your room. The continental breakfast was healthy and deliciours with warm fresh bake bread cordially taken to your room. It had a nice 1/2 view of the bay, our suite was the Santa Cruz, if you want a better view of the bay your may have to pay a little more, but it will be worth it with this amazing hospitatity. They offer wine and Hor d'oeuvres in the evening, perfect before dinner. They also had a DVD and Blu-ray Library, we relax and enjoyed a good movie under the fireplace. The bath robes, slippers, jetted tub and a lot more individual details made our stay so special that I already want to come back for more. Thank you Kelly, Juan, Mia, and Alex, . Thank you Snug Harbor for this magical experience that you will not find at any other Hotel or Inn.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Zoila O
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed at the Snug Harbor Inn for 3 nights in Jan for my wife's birthday. This place is awesome; the rooms, the service, the staff were all excellent. I can't say enough positive comments to accurately reflect our experience with the Inn. I recommend this Inn for anyone that plans on visiting Catalina Island.
Thank You Snug Harbor Inn for an awesome experience; Your hospitality is unmatched any hotel, hostel, guesthouse, or inn that I have ever stayed in, anyplace in the world.

Room Tip: We stayed in the San Clemente room and it was great. Since there are only 6 rooms, I believe they ar...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 208SBW
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This inn is above Leo's Drugstore and has 6 rooms, which are small, but have everything one needs, including a gas fireplace. There was a large flat screen TV above the fireplace.They provide slippers, bathrobes, ear plugs, sleeping masks, white noise machine, 4 pm - 5 pm (or 5 pm - 6pm) wine and h'orderves in their small, but comfortable common lounge. When you check-in, you are given a form to fill out for breakfast; you choose your coffee (reg or decaf), your juice (orange or V-8), and the time you want it served, from 8:30 am on, in 15-minute time slots, till 10 am. The breakfast comes in a large wicker basket and you can eat it on the table in your room. The breakfast had, in addition to coffee and juice, has yogurt, granola, a small loaf of fresh bread on a cutting board.The Santa Cruz room where we stayed overlooks the street (not the bay). If you come early (before check-in time) or leave late (after check-out time), they will store your luggage in a nicely organized hall closet. They will even help you up, and down, the stairs with your luggage. We came in December 2013 before Xmas and took advantage of the combined ferry and room price, which is better than purchasing room and ferry trip separately. The small lounge has cups and a hot water tap, so you can make tea at anytime. You can regulate the temperature in your room with an in-room wall thermostat.

Room Tip: If you want the bay view, you need to get one of the rooms facing the bay, which cost a bit more.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple