Snug Harbor Inn
US$202
  • Breakfast included
Casa Mariquita Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$237
US$178
US$184
Hotel Mac Rae(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$189
Pavilion Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$266
US$225
  • Breakfast included
The Avalon Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$301
  • Beachfront
Portofino Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$324
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgranolasanta catalinafresh baked breadeach morningsan nicolaswine and cheesecatalina islandsound machinebreakfast deliveredjetted tubcontinental breakfastsoft music playingbeautiful breakfastother guestsgas fireplacebottle of champagnefull ocean view
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed at the inn for one night in the San Clemente room. I cannot say enough about the inn. My stay was wonderful. The room was classically decorated, great view of the outdoors, and fireplace added to the coziness. The extra perks of wine and appetizers at the evening and fresh breakfast served to your room in the morning, made the experience a notch above the rest.

As a woman traveling alone, I felt very safe and secure during my stay. The inn was centrally located. After grabbing a bite to eat at a restaurant close to the inn, enjoyed a quiet night in the room with a fire and complimentary movie from the library.

I look forward to returning one day.

Room Tip: Hotel supplies ear plugs in each room to block out any outdoor noise.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Alleykate
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We recently stayed 2 nights at the Snug Harbor Inn in the Santa Barbara Suite, and I can not say enough great things about this hotel. We arrived to flowers and champagne in our room for our anniversary. It's details like this that make it such a lovely place to stay. We loved the wine and cheese hour each evening, the breakfast that they bring to your room each morning, and the turn down service when you arrive back at your room each night complete with the fire place going, soft music playing and chocolates in the pillow! Our room was beautiful and clean with a harbor view and an amazingly comfortable bed. The hotel is right in the middle of everything, which we loved. (Don't worry about noise, we found the windows to be quite soundproof, plus they give you earplugs just in case). The staff is always willing to help whether it's making a last minute reservation for dinner or setting your up with beach chairs and mats. We absolutely loved our stay here and hope to return soon!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaime F
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and I planned our stay in Catalina Island for our 8th anniversary, only to discover all the major hotels were booked. We have a tightly packed schedule, so couldn't change our planned dates. The only place open was Snug Harbor Inn, and though it looked small, it had good reviews. We didn't expect much being a smaller place to stay, and when we arrived, we were surprised to find a very nice inn. The whole experience was top-notch and the people were all friendly and helpful. The breakfast was even more than I expected.

The whole stay was enjoyable and comfortable. And it is located right in the middle of Avalon, where all the shopping and activities are walking distance.

I don't recommend leaving the Air Conditioning on if you leave your room for some time, (at least in the Santa Barbara room), as it is very powerful.

Room Tip: We used Santa Barbara, which had some view of the ocean, but the Santa Catalina island would get you a better view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

The Snug Harbor Inn is a fabulous, tiny (6 rooms) hotel right near the harbor and an easy walk from the ferry terminal. The entrance is off on a side street but every room has a harbor view. The rooms are totally updated with huge flat screen TVs and all the amenities. It is so soothing when you walk in the room with soft music playing and fresh flowers on the table. There was a lovely happy hour which included free wine and appetizers. The only problem was the library area where this was served was almost unbearably warm. This almost kept me from giving the hotel the top rating, but the service, the ambience, and the comfort are so amazing that I still had to give Snug Harbor Inn 5 stars. Also, the breakfast is delicious and perfect before heading out for your day's adventure. It is pricey but a special treat in Catalina!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Marsha R
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and I had an awesome long weekend at this oceanfront B & B. The rooms that face the ocean are perfect. Staff was helpful and friendly. The breakfast basket delivered to your door every morning was made fresh daily and delicious.

Room Tip: Rooms with ocean view are best.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple