Snug Harbor Inn
US$199
Portofino Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$268
  • Breakfast included
The Avalon Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$279
Hotel Metropole(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$346
Travelocity
US$123
  • Breakfast included
Casa Mariquita Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$170
Hotwire.com
US$164
US$159
Hotel Mac Rae(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$145
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Catalina Island Inn(Avalon)(Great Value!)
US$140
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsgranolasanta catalinafresh baked breadeach morningsan nicolaswine and cheesecatalina islandsound machinebreakfast deliveredjetted tubcontinental breakfastsoft music playingbeautiful breakfastother guestsgas fireplacebottle of champagnefull ocean view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 February 2010

We loved our room! Everything is modern and clean. The fireplace set the mood which is so appropriate for a place as romantic as Avalon. We also really enjoyed the over-sized tub with jacuzzi jets. The bed was amazingly comfortable and the slippers and robes were a nice touch! Breakfast delivered to our door was a great delight to eat at our in room table near the bay windows. When we notified the front desk that we would be checking out before our scheduled breakfast delivery time (earlier than any associates arrive for work), they packed a bag on non-perishable items for us the night before for us to enjoy in the morning.
We stayed in the San Clemente Room, one of the lesser expensive rooms and it was perfect! I saw no need for an upgrade.
The only downside was the noise at night coming from the night club across the street. I'm assuming all of the hotels in Avalon have this similar problem since it's such a quaint town with everything so close together. There were earplugs in the room, which helped.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2010

Charming and lovely. My husband and I enjoyed it very much. It can be loud sometimes at night at high season but, no biggie. Highly suggested.

Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2010

My wife and I just returned from a last minute getaway in Avalon. As neither of us had ever been to the island, though California natives, we were having a difficult time deciding on where to stay. We decided to go with the snug harbor based on their exceptional staff answering our questions on the phone along with the nice pics on their site. Well upon arrival we were floored by the charm and attention to detail at the inn. We were granted an upgrade to their ocean front room, the Santa Catalina suite, it was low season. Yey! However all the rooms are just as perfect with the only exception being that some of the rooms offer more of a partial ocean view. These rooms are also really nice though, because they look down on a quaint courtyard style street. Great for people watching and you still get a harbor view. All the rooms have very deep jacuzzi tubs. The staff is fantastic. They make you feel really special. I don't want to write one of those two page reviews but seriously I could with this place. It's fabulous.

Reviewed 28 January 2010

This was my second visit to Catalina Island; therefore, I wanted my stay to be carefree. Well, the customer service was impeccable...the clerks explained every aspect of my stay. The day of arrival, we received a welcome card, complimentary wine and cheese, a personal tour of the room, and very helpful, knowledgeable concierge service as well. We appreciated the thoughtful touches and innovative services throughout our stay. I totally recommend this hotel to loving couples, because the cozy and personable ambiance enhances any romantic mood.

Reviewed 22 January 2010

We stayed on Catalina Island as the end part of our California trip. The room is very romantic with a fireplace, great view (San Nicolas room) but soooo tiny!! They are charging a bit much for the size. The location is central as well, right on the crowded busy front streets. Not a place to stay if you want lots of quiet and privacy. Breakfast served in room is this cute little basket, and wine and cheese served in the lounge every evening. All was perfect, except for lacking in room to put luggage when in room. Bathroom has no counter space, the jacuzzi tub is nice.

1  Thank birdybirdcars