“Great place! Would go back!”
Review of Snug Harbor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Snug Harbor Inn
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Reviewed 6 January 2011

We absolutely loved the Snug Harbor Inn. We stayed in the Santa Barbara room, with a nice partial view of the ocean (just as advertised for that room). Because occupancy was short that night, the wine and cheese platters that are normally served in the guest lounge were delivered straight to our door.
Breakfast was also delivered straight to our door at our desired hour.
Umbrellas were available for us to use, which was VERY necessary and wonderful.

Small things to note:
It is worth noting that you must climb two flights of stairs to get there. It was no problem for us, but could be for others.
It also would have been nice to have some games or cards available in the lounge, as it was quite rainy during our trip.
During the day, only instant coffee was available, none brewed. There were plenty of teas, ciders, and hot chocolates to choose from.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cwaggoner07
There are newer reviews for Snug Harbor Inn

Reviewed 4 January 2011

First off let me say, I have done a lot of traveling and the service at Snug Harbor is TOP notch. Jesse and Donna are very kind and warm hearted and do their best to make your stay a pleasent one. I took my mom here for her 60th birthday and was so glad I choose Snug Harbor. It is a very small charming and cozy hotel. We had booked the Santa Barbara room which was more then we were expecting. I LOVED the room even though we did not have a full ocean view we were surprised at the view we did have, it was great and we were still able to see the ocean from the bay windows. The hotel itself is again very small but thats what makes it such a great experience. Wine and cheese were served in the evening, but since we were there during off season there were only a few guest staying, so they brought us our wine and etc., to our room and set it up while we were out, which made it a nice surprise when we returned back to our room. In the morning they delivered our breakfast and once again set it up for us. The breakfast was GREAT the poppyseed bread was YUMMY you also get fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, coffee and juices more then enough to get your day started. This is truly one of the BEST B&B i have had the pleasure to stay at.. If you are a little confussed at where to stay at on Catalina Island I promise you can't go wrong staying here. I have stayed at more then a few different hotels in Avalon and in my opinion none match up with Snug. So with out a doubt I will be returning to Snug again and again... Also just wanted to thank Jesse and Donna again for all they do and for making our stay an amazing one!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 22 December 2010

Visited with my wife on December. Room was very nice and very clean. I brought my own network computer and when I checked in, the front desk automatically gave me log in password. I have stayed in Anacapa Room, at night it was noisy for there was a bar on other side and drunk people was also noisy outside until 2am in the morning. This was out of season so I could imagine how bad it would be in the peak season.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HolidaysLAX
Reviewed 3 December 2010

This week my husband and I went to Catalina for one night to celebrate his birthday and we LOVED the Snug Harbor Inn. We stayed in the San Nicholas room which we highly recommend. They had a fabulous wine and appetizer plate brought to your room to eat while we overlooked the whole bay, and they did the same with your breakfast in the AM. The place is literally smack in the middle of the main road so you can walk either way super easily. We went in the off season so it was dead quiet but I could see how if you went in the middle of summer it might be a bit noisy because it is right above the beach but, for us, it was perfect. The customer service was excellent, and every detail of the room was clean and welcoming. We would definitely go back here again and highly recommend it!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2010

We stayed in the San Nicolas. The view of the harbor was fantastic. The room was very tastefully decorated in a nautical theme and the bed was very comfortable. The room is smaller than we thought based on the photos. The king-size bed takes up most of the space in the room. Other than that, it was very cozy and the fireplace is a nice addition. Also, the evening happy hour was fantastic. In the lounge, they had a variety of red/white wines with hors d'oevres such as different cheeses, fruit, dips, crackers, salami, etc. Also, the staff was very nice and hospitable.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 29 November 2010

Snug Harbor Inn was absolutely amazing and JESSI at the front desk was so sweet and genuine and just down right good at his job. We traveled with my boyfriend and his parents in from the east coast.. We stayed in the ANACAPA ROOM and the SAN CLEMENTE ROOM. They were both beautiful, clean, cozy and loved the fireplace because it was quite chilly out. The wine and cheese at night and the beautiful breakfast in the morning was just an added plus to this wonderful place. I would recommend 100%!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2010

Rooms were beautiful, staff were excellent, quality was very good including b'fast & wine reception. Staff were the best part.....curteous, very helpful, very discreet!

I will stay here every time I come to Catalina and recommend it to everyone I know!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple