“Love this place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Catalina Coffee & Cookie Co.

Catalina Coffee & Cookie Co.
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Avalon
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Open at 5 am daily, we offer the best gourmet coffee and tea selection in Avalon! Espresso, Latte, Cappuccino,Ice Blended Drinks, Smoothies, Pastries, Homemade Cookies and more! Avalon's only Fresh Fruit Fro-Yo Bar and Hot Breakfast served daily. Our closing hours vary daily between 8pm and 11pm seasonally.
Santa Barbara, California
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I am a Santa Barbara local teenager. Over the summer I went to Catalina Island with two of my best friends. I loved the island, and have fond memories of my trip, particularly my memories at Catalina Coffee and Cookie Company for breakfast. The first time I ate there, I immediately fell in love with the beverages and treats. I had an eclipse cookie and coffee for the first time I came and returned the next morning before leaving the island to order to various different cookies and a coffee. This company truly does not disappoint. Their food is nice and traditional, while also being entirely unique to the Catalina Coffee and Cookie company. I look forward to returning to Catalina Island this summer, and will definitely return to the Catalina Coffee and Cookie company.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CatalinaErin, Owner at Catalina Coffee & Cookie Co., responded to this review, 5 March 2014
The Eclipse is one of our favorite cookies to bake and one of our shop's bestsellers. We're so glad you liked it and can't wait for you to come back and visit again during the summer (it's just around the corner). Thank you!

• Korean first
California Cilty
“Thank God for this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I'm an early riser and Catalina isn’t except for this place, great coffee nice friendly people and the cookies are amazing too! This placed saved me until we could go get breakfast :)

Visited September 2013
CatalinaCoffee C, Owner at Catalina Coffee & Cookie Co., responded to this review, 7 November 2013
This place is for the early riser since we are open daily at 5 am! We are happy to tide you over until everyone else is up to have a full sit down breakfast :-) Come see us again next time you are on the island!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“love the mocha, not the chocolate, pricey”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Not sure what the hoopla is all about. Being a big dessert person, I was really looking forward to their selection, but this place is pricey. Your average cookie is 2$ & 3.75 for a rice krispy treat!!!

I dont mind paying the price for some good stuff ,I have paid $$$ for some good choc. And I love dark choc. But the dark choc pistachio bark just didnt do it for me, the choc by itself was ok, a tad salty (which sometimes works),but it just wasnt worth it. BTW its 6$ for .25lb which is the min quantity you need to buy, I wish i couldve tasted it before buying it.

the Best thing that happened to us was the hot mocha which was divine. Its one of the best mocha's that we have ever had, just right touch of sweetness and creaminess and coconess.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CatalinaCoffee C, Manager at Catalina Coffee & Cookie Co., responded to this review, 27 September 2013
We're so happy you enjoyed the mocha - your description was great!

We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the dark chocolate pistachio bark as much - it is saltier than traditional chocolate as the pistrachios add some salt to the flavor.

Our goal is to provide the best possible product for the lowest possible price. We try to keep costs down as much as possible, however we do live on an island and all of our ingredients for our baked goods do have to get shipped over. We will continue to do our best to provide proper pricing for the size and value of our baked goods to the best of our ability while working with our shipping vendors and their costs and fuel surcharges.

We hope that you will consider trying some of our baked goods the next time you are in the shop.

Thank you again for your review.

The Staff of the Catalina Coffee & Cookie Co.
Huntington Beach, California
“Gorgeous little cafe with great baristas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I came here on a family vacation on a cruz and the lady who made my cafe mocha was adorable and made a beautiful little heart in my cup... it is sometimes my screensaver. She was able to give me a taste of some great coffee as well as the great hospitality that Catalina has to offer!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are so glad to hear you had a great experience with us! We hope you will come back and see us again sometime soon.
Tarzana, California, United States
“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

This is the best place to grab a quick bite early in the morning...the only place that is open really! Great if you want to grab the sunrise.

Visited August 2013
We agree :-) Glad to get your day started just right!