“Good food, made on site”
Review of Cafe Metropole

Cafe Metropole
Ranked #19 of 50 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I popped in for lunch one day and had a salad that was one of the daily specials - shrimp, mango, and avocado. It was very tasty and very fresh. (The shrimp was grilled to order.)

I have food allergy, and they have lots of options. Plus, as they make things on site, they can tell you what ingredients are in the food. Me - "Do your macaroons have butter?" Them - "No, we make them with sweetened condensed milk." Me - "No, thank you."

Reviewed 15 August 2013

nice outdoor seating area, fresh food, decent number of vegetarian options. Black bean soup was wonderful, Caprese sandwich was good, MJ's favorite salad with berry orange cumin dressing really yummy.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We had a lunch here. I had the Italian sandwich and my husband had the Shrimp Po'boy. Both were delicious. We sat out on the patio while a musician played the guitar and sang relaxing songs. It was a lovely afternoon meal and we would certainly come back.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

outstanding food! We will be back to Catalina Island next year, and I will certainly eat here again!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Wonderful sandwiches! Had the roast turkey and was so yummy. Food was fresh with no preservatives. Also came back the next day and enjoyed the shrimp po boy. This sandwich was so yummy that I will try to figure out the recipe at home.

1  Thank Cinderylapitt2