“Amazing everytime!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Metropole
Ranked #18 of 49 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
San Diego, California
“Amazing everytime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Want some amazing food.... something that's healthy? do you like homemade soups? I've been to Catalina several times over the last 5 years and this is my favorite stop everyday for lunch. I had the leanist pastrami sandwich I've ever eaten in my life... not a bunch of fat and gristle like you get a most places. The chicken salad is to die for. Get anything with soup homemade soups are ridiculous. Can you tell it like this place? The owner is very friendly and remembered me from a trip previous over a year before maybe because I couldn't stop gushing over the food. So if you're looking for something healthy but extremely delicious this is the place for you.

Avon, Connecticut
“GOOD FOOD”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Lunch counter--order and sit, they bring the food. Fresh, but it took a very long time (and they were not crowded). After sitting for 10minutes, the hostess cme out to tell me that they were out of what I ordered, and please choose something else. Iced tea is self-serve from a pitcher in a fridge. No free refills. Ice cubes are in a bowl in the fridge. Crowded inside seating, nice patio, but no one clears and cleans the tables. Good food, but too many other problems will keep me from going back

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MMouseMD
Poway, California
“Good but pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

The sandwiches we eat were good, but I felt it was a bit pricey for the portions. Only problem was they forgot my coffee and came out with it as I was finishing my meal. It was a bit cold and did have much taste. The menu selection was great and the food was very wholesome,

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Encinitas, California
“Great food, friendly place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

My family and I ate here when we were in Catalina last weekend and it was all we hoped it would be. The menu is healthy and reasonably-priced, and the food was delicious. I had a fresh veggie sandwich that had some incredible hummus spread on it, and the black bean soup was excellent. Their drink selection is great as well...I recommend mixing the mango tea and lemonade. The woman who runs the place was very friendly and cool...she made the experience even better. With ample outdoor seating in a nice courtyard, this is everything you could want in a great lunch. Go and support this place.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank MorganSurf
oregon
“There is no Cafe Metropole in the winter”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

We were told there was a great place to eat here that even offered gluten free meals, but when we arrived we were told this was only open during summer, for catering or for special events.

Visited February 2014