“amazing experience”
Review of Aurora Hotel

Aurora Hotel
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My husband and I stayed three nights for our 15th wedding anniversary. Diana, the hotel manager made special arrangements for us prior to arriving and created a package just for us, including boat rides to and from the hotel, taxi service and a beautiful junior suite. The hotel was immaculate as was the room. Staff was friendly and helpful with any questions or needs we had. The top lounge was wonderful and well furnished complete with a gorgeous view of the ocean. We enjoyed continental breakfast every morning and complimentary snacks, coffee, tea and fresh fruit was available everyday. I cannot say enough about the room and service. It made for a very special experience. I will return in the fall with my son for his 18th birthday and there is no other place I would stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kim W

Reviewed 2 April 2012

I just returned from a week long stay at the Aurora Hotel and Spa and I have quite a bit to say.

I could go on about the lovely modern room decorations and newly renovated hotel that give you the feel of being in a high end resort perched on a small incline just above the crystal clear ocean and the main port with all of its quaint little shops and restaurants or I could go on and on about the fantastic massages that we had from our friendly and sweet expert massage therapists. I could even tell you all about the bed and breakfast, small hotel feel that the Aurora manages to maintain with the morning continental and friendly staff in spite of the larger resort feel. But discussing all of these great things about the Aurora would not do justice to what sets this lovely bed and breakfast apart from any other hotel I've ever had the pleasure of patronizing and that is the wonderful people. Without exception, from the house keeping crew to the hotel owners, who frequently are on site at the hotel, everyone associated with the Aurora Hotel and Spa. This was literally one of my most enjoyable vacations ever, even though I've traveled the world, and a huge part of that was the wonderful people at the Aurora.

Thanks Guys for everything.

Kenneth

Room Tip: The general rooms are very nice and very nicely decorated and well kept. The suites however are ama...
Reviewed 17 March 2012

This is a very nice hotel. It was clean, the bed was VERY comfortable, the staff was nice and helpful, didnt have a bad smell. The pictures they have on the web site of the rooms,are really what it look like. We had a great view of the ocean. It had a really nice rooftop sitting area with a great view of the ocean. The rooms are small, but overall ok. The only down part about this hotel is that it is on a steep hill. If you are not used to going up and down, this is not the place for you. It also dosen't have an elevator. We had a room on the third floor, so by the time we climb the hill and climb the stairs, we were dog tired! Other than that we had a great stay!

Reviewed 11 March 2012

The small hotel is very charming with a beautiful rooftop sitting area and view of the bay.
The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Although the rooms are smallish, the space is amazingly well utilized and organized with all of the amenities.
The continental breakfast is a bonus which we were able to take to the sunny patio and enjoy the view. Something else that really impressed us was after we had checked out and arrived back home, a message had been left on our telephone saying we had forgotten our charger in our room but they would mail it to us as soon as we called to confirm what address to send it to! We loved our stay at the very charming Aurora Hotel. We felt like we were in Europe!

Room Tip: Although there is no elevator, we loved being on the third floor where the patio is.
Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2012

For all you individuals that rely very heavily upon positive reviews in order to make a choice for your hotel...... trust me when I tell you that the Aurora Hotel is one of the best hidden gems I have ever found! I read the reviews prior to booking and all of the great reviews and experiences are all true. I would like to personally thank ALL of the hotel staff for a fantastic birthday get away, my fiance' and I had the perfect trip together. Everyone out there, do yourself a favor, if you are spending more then one day in Avalon, book yourself a room or suite at the Aurora Hotel.
Thanks again for everything,
Eric & Tonya

Room Tip: We stayed in room 311 and the partial view was actually a perfect full view!
1  Thank Eric S
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Last weekend we went to Avalon, California and had reservations for the Aurora Hotel.
Upon our arrival at the Aurora Hotel we were greeted cordially and taken to our room, a Junior Suite and all our expectations were surpassed!
The decoration of the room, the amenities, everything was well above of what usually get in an hotel.
It's a small hotel but several times better in every aspect than any other chain hotel.
If you're looking for an affordable and really comfortable place to stay in Avalon, we highly recommend the Aurora Hotel, and don't forget, they serve a continental breakfast that's include on the price plus, if you are staying in a Junior Suite or the Suite, the taxi fees from the dock to the hotel and vice-versa are included also, a very fine detail.

Room Tip: The Suite or Junior Suite
Reviewed 7 March 2012

cool rooms, and even friendlier service, and a lovely rooftop balcony which is nice since they do not have any "smoking" rooms ; ) we loved our weekend at Aurora on Catalina Island!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple