“Spa was amazing! Thank you Melinda!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Aurora Hotel
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Oxnard
“Spa was amazing! Thank you Melinda!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012 via mobile

I bought the couple special for my boyfriend and I which included the hot towels, hot stones, clay mask, door talent, facial, and body scrub. All was for only $275 dollars. 90 minutes of pure bliss. Melinda's hands were amazing. The whole experience was great. Great customer service.

Stayed April 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

This review is late - we had our fabulous Catalina vacation back in December, but I'm just not getting around to our rave review. The staff were very professional and interested in making our stay as pleasant as possible. Our room was a bit small, but the view was nice and we loved the rooftop balcony. My only complaint (and it is a small one) is that the bathroom was a bit cramped, but the bed was comfortable and the hotel was nicely decorated. The breakfast wasn't bad either, although we certainly preferred going to one of the great waffle places in the city. We felt like we got a good deal for our dollar.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Redlands, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

My husband and I stayed three nights for our 15th wedding anniversary. Diana, the hotel manager made special arrangements for us prior to arriving and created a package just for us, including boat rides to and from the hotel, taxi service and a beautiful junior suite. The hotel was immaculate as was the room. Staff was friendly and helpful with any questions or needs we had. The top lounge was wonderful and well furnished complete with a gorgeous view of the ocean. We enjoyed continental breakfast every morning and complimentary snacks, coffee, tea and fresh fruit was available everyday. I cannot say enough about the room and service. It made for a very special experience. I will return in the fall with my son for his 18th birthday and there is no other place I would stay.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kim W
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

I just returned from a week long stay at the Aurora Hotel and Spa and I have quite a bit to say.

I could go on about the lovely modern room decorations and newly renovated hotel that give you the feel of being in a high end resort perched on a small incline just above the crystal clear ocean and the main port with all of its quaint little shops and restaurants or I could go on and on about the fantastic massages that we had from our friendly and sweet expert massage therapists. I could even tell you all about the bed and breakfast, small hotel feel that the Aurora manages to maintain with the morning continental and friendly staff in spite of the larger resort feel. But discussing all of these great things about the Aurora would not do justice to what sets this lovely bed and breakfast apart from any other hotel I've ever had the pleasure of patronizing and that is the wonderful people. Without exception, from the house keeping crew to the hotel owners, who frequently are on site at the hotel, everyone associated with the Aurora Hotel and Spa. This was literally one of my most enjoyable vacations ever, even though I've traveled the world, and a huge part of that was the wonderful people at the Aurora.

Thanks Guys for everything.

Kenneth

Room Tip: The general rooms are very nice and very nicely decorated and well kept. The suites however are ama...
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

This is a very nice hotel. It was clean, the bed was VERY comfortable, the staff was nice and helpful, didnt have a bad smell. The pictures they have on the web site of the rooms,are really what it look like. We had a great view of the ocean. It had a really nice rooftop sitting area with a great view of the ocean. The rooms are small, but overall ok. The only down part about this hotel is that it is on a steep hill. If you are not used to going up and down, this is not the place for you. It also dosen't have an elevator. We had a room on the third floor, so by the time we climb the hill and climb the stairs, we were dog tired! Other than that we had a great stay!

Vernon, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

The small hotel is very charming with a beautiful rooftop sitting area and view of the bay.
The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Although the rooms are smallish, the space is amazingly well utilized and organized with all of the amenities.
The continental breakfast is a bonus which we were able to take to the sunny patio and enjoy the view. Something else that really impressed us was after we had checked out and arrived back home, a message had been left on our telephone saying we had forgotten our charger in our room but they would mail it to us as soon as we called to confirm what address to send it to! We loved our stay at the very charming Aurora Hotel. We felt like we were in Europe!

Room Tip: Although there is no elevator, we loved being on the third floor where the patio is.
Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Aliso Viejo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

For all you individuals that rely very heavily upon positive reviews in order to make a choice for your hotel...... trust me when I tell you that the Aurora Hotel is one of the best hidden gems I have ever found! I read the reviews prior to booking and all of the great reviews and experiences are all true. I would like to personally thank ALL of the hotel staff for a fantastic birthday get away, my fiance' and I had the perfect trip together. Everyone out there, do yourself a favor, if you are spending more then one day in Avalon, book yourself a room or suite at the Aurora Hotel.
Thanks again for everything,
Eric & Tonya

Room Tip: We stayed in room 311 and the partial view was actually a perfect full view!
1 Thank Eric S