“A "Must Do" delightful experience.”

Taste of Catalina Food Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$92.56*
and up
Catalina Food and Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 1 Food & Drink in Avalon
More attraction details
Owner description: Suitable for adults and teens, explore Avalon as never before while leisurely walking through downtown with our fun, local guides who will share the inside scoop on just about everything! This one and only, informative 3-hour tasting and cultural walking tour will open your eyes to hidden tidbits of the island's rich history and culture. Satisfy your appetite with our town's award winning cuisines as you indulge your palate for a few hours of Sipping, Sampling & Savoring!
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My daughter's and I highly recommend this tour as one of your first activities while visiting the island. The food is absolutely delicious and the tour is planned out so as to balance your palate as well as your appetite. Our guide was just charming and we enjoyed that personal touch she added by sharing a few stories of her childhood and growing up on Catalina. Finally, did I mention how wonderful the food is?? Take this tour. You won't be disappointed.

CatalinaFoodie, Owner at Taste of Catalina Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Thank you for your review and the great pic of all of you at Avalon Seafood on the Green Pleasure Pier. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your tour time with us. It looks like the island supplied some great weather and we will be sure to share your review with all of our guides. Thanks for joining us!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Catalina Island is one of my favorite places to visit in Southern California. Taste of Catalina Food Tours is a definite must if you visit Catalina! Cathy, our amazing tour guide who we had all to our selves, offered so many stories about her family and history of the Island. We visited 6 restaurants and I was sufficiently full of wonderful food by the end of our tour. A few of the tastes I would have never ordered for myself but I ate every last bite! Because of this great experience I can't wait to try more food tours in other cities.

CatalinaFoodie, Owner at Taste of Catalina Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

We're so appreciative of you taking the time to pen a review. Catalina Island is one of our favorite places, too! Seriously, though - we're glad you had such a wonderful time and that even though you've been here before you found some places and tastes that were new to you.

Cathy is a fantastic guide - we will pass your accolades onto her. We're glad you enjoyed her stories and we know she enjoyed her time with you, too.

Check back on our website soon - we will be doing a blog post highlighting some of the best food tours across the globe just in time for the summer travel season. It might help inspire you to choose certain cities or tours.

Thank you again for your review - we'll see you next time you are back on Catalina Island.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We took our tour during the heat wave and it was a great day. Our guide was very knowledgeable and we enjoyed hearing about the people and history of Catalina. I especially enjoyed the different family histories, mainly because I have a close family and my brothers and I run a family business started by our father. The food was delicious. I am a picky eater and almost everything I ate was something I don't normally eat! Great place to visit and I can't wait to return !!

Wow - a picky eater that tried everything speaks volumes and someone that appreciated the back story of the different restauranteurs is even more appreciated! We're so glad you enjoyed your time (and that you were able to survive the heat - yowza, was it hot or what?!?).

We love that so many of our guests relate to the family and community-built businesses that are run on Catalina Island - it really is part of what makes our town (and so many small towns) so loveable.

We're happy to hear you will be back to visit again. When you do, let us know you're in town (or drop us an email anytime) - we'd love to learn more about your family's business - our crew loves supporting family run entities whenever we can. Thank you.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Cathy was a great host. We really enjoyed each taste at the different local restaurants. She gave a great history to the town and we really enjoyed the tour.

Thank you for your review - we're so glad you felt at home while you were here. We will pass on your praise to Cathy and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Cathy was our tour guide on a beautiful Wednesday afternoon. She had a wealth of information, not only about the food and drinks but about the lovely Island of Catalina. What a great experience:)

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for your great review! We're so glad to hear you had a wonderful time with Cathy and learning about the food and history of our little part of paradise, Catalina Island. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about your experience.