“Island Spa SANCTUARY :)”

Massages By the Sea
Ranked #4 of 9 Spas & Wellness in Avalon
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy views of crystal blue waters from your private cabana at Descanso Beach. Avalon's only seaside spa.Relax you're on Island TIme!
Surfside, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Island Spa SANCTUARY :)”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

WOW! WOW! & WOW!!! For the ONLY massage you can get in a linen covered cabana by the ocean in Catalina Island, book Massages by the Sea through Island Breezes Salon & Spa. The cabanas are set up at Descano Beach right underneath the Zip Line. (No worries on the noise level because they pipe tranquil music into each cabana. I didn't hear any 'zipping' at all during my treatment.) My masseuse, Maria, worked MAGIC over my knots & tightened shoulder muscles. I had no idea what type of massage to pick so Maria gave me the 'sampler' (swedish, deep tissue & hot rock). The last one was my FAVORITE!!!! Next time, I'm ALL IN on the ROCKS!!!!

Once my mini-massage was done, I was off to the Island Breezes salon on Catalina Street for my pedicure with Lola :) What a WONDERFUL way to end my trip!!! Lola hooked me up with a spa pedi, soaking my sand covered feet into a warm bath. She adjusted my chair to recline then turned on more back MASSAGE... WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I found sanctuary & serenity just SITTING there. Lola is a true professional. I had a bit of a hang nail on my thumb that had torn beneath the quick. Lola saw it while she was finishing up my toes & offered to fix it for me without an extra charge. Thanks to her, I'm not snagging my hair on my nails anymore. THANK YOU Lola & the Staff at Island Breezes for making my trip to Catalina a WONDERFUL one!!!! I MISS YOU already!!!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank SoCalJoy

Tucson, Arizona, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Massages by the Sea”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

In September this year my daughter and I visited Avalon and decided on a moonlight massage experience at Massages by the Sea; we have been there before and truly enjoyed the experience and service. We were asked to pay in advance at dusk just as another customer stated in her review but the reason was explained to us by the receptionist at the booth. The massages offered after a certain hour (6pm if I remember right) are performed at a higher price due to the the regular business hours and their ability to have employees available (made sense to us). The location was up above and overlooking the ocean, apparently the business just recently moved. The view was still wonderful and the staff very accomidating. We paid in advance and tipped with cash following our massage to allow the receptionist to go home and not have to sit in the dark during our service. The therapists were David and Rita and I have to say both my daughter and I got exactly what we needed and asked for. Our massages were very relaxing and turned us both into putty. We did hear the zipline people but just for a few minutes. Personally I made a choice to focus on my experience and not the small disturbances around me. Overall, we had a wonderful experience well worth every penny, we will go back next year!!!

Visited September 2012