Visiting Avalon every year, we've stayed here many times - always on the fourth floor with a balcony room. The facility has undergone a complete facelift, however, at the expense of some of its charm. They tried for a sophisticated resort-like boutique look which doesn't go with the the structure as a whole. The old fashioned but comfortable look they used to have suggested a beachy, low-key New England type of hotel. There are also some hazards associated with the new look. The glass shelves in the bathroom have very sharp corners at just about eye level when you bend over to pick up something. The foot-board end of the bed is also sharp. I had to pad it with a pillow after getting my shins barked a couple of times as I walked around the corner of the bed. The nightstands and dressers are also sharp-cornered. The glass partition in the shower (no shower door) allows a spray of water to collect on the bathroom floor. The colors and decor are tasteful and coordinated but drab and offkey when compared with the glorious view out the window - bright blue sky, swaying palms, white sailboats - every cliche you can think of. To end on a positive note - the staff is very helpful and professional, the bed comfortable, the continental breakfast coffee is good and fresh (and they have real cream - no powdered "creamer") and orange juice and the baskets of fresh green apples are a treat! We've stayed other places (including the Inn on Mt. Ada), but we'll come back here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spend the night at one of the best Catalina Island hotels, the Catalina Island Inn. Catalina Island is only a short sail away from the southern California mainland, but a world away from the city life. Catalina Island Inn hotel is located in the heart of Avalon, California, steps away from restaurants, shops, tours and the beach. Walking is a wonderful way to explore our safe and charming town. Visitors don’t need a car to get around. Almost everything is close by. Enjoy a special Catalina Island vacation in one of the Catalina Island Inn family rooms that accommodate up to five people. Catalina Island Inn hosts family reunions & weddings and is still intimate enough for a romantic getaway. Whether you are on a solo-adventure or traveling with a crowd, the Catalina Island Inn has something for everyone. Rooms range from moderate priced twins or queen bed non view rooms to luxury, harbor view, king rooms and suites. Accommodations are beautifully decorated in a clean, contemporary island style. We are one of the most romantic Catalina hotels. Treat yourself to a relaxing getaway at the Catalina Island Inn hotel. The Catalina Island Inn is pleased to feature its 5 spectacular ground floor King bedded rooms with private patios, fireplaces, nurturing textures and spacious tiled showers. All rooms have free wi-fi, flat screen TVs, quiet comfort, and lush contemporary décor. A handicap-accessible guest room is also available. Its unique luxury also meets all ADA guidelines for wheelchair guests needing special conveniences including easily accessible thresholds, widened doorways and a bench in the large tiled shower. Come "home" to Catalina Island Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Catalina Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Island Hotel Avalon
- Catalina Island Inn Avalon, CA