We really enjoyed our stay here March of 2011. Yes, the room was small, but we felt very comfortable in it. We were on the 2nd floor and could hear some noise from the air conditioners on the roof of the grocery store below, however we thought having a grocery store so close was more of a benefit than a disturbance. We spent quite a lot of time lounging on the shared balcony with complimentary tea/coffee, reading magazines, and watching the locals and tourist come and go. Just a block from the boardwalk and waterfront, we liked not needing a vehicle to get around. The hotel and room were clean, well styled, and the staff was friendly. We appreciated that they will hold your luggage at no charge after checkout if your boat is departing later. I would certainly stay here again and felt it was a good deal.
Also recommend the Avalon Casino backstage tour and hiking up to the Wrigley Gardens/Memorial. If you are adventurous you can hike up the Hermit Gulch Trail(starts at the end of the campground), up to the top(it is long and steep) then hike along Divide road and come back down Avalon Canyon road and through the garden. The bonus of going this route is the outrageously fantastic views of both sides of the island and you don't have to pay any fee to enter the garden from this direction. Remember to get a free hiking permit from the conservancy(just a few blocks from the hotel), they can also recommend other hikes and give you an idea how long they take. We also walked up Chimes Tower road(it lives up to it's name) past the Zane Gray house/hotel for another lovely view looking out to sea over the Avalon Casino. No matter what you decide to do, Catalina island is a beautiful retreat from the mainland!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spend the night at one of the best Catalina Island hotels, the Catalina Island Inn. Catalina Island is only a short sail away from the southern California mainland, but a world away from the city life. Catalina Island Inn hotel is located in the heart of Avalon, California, steps away from restaurants, shops, tours and the beach. Walking is a wonderful way to explore our safe and charming town. Visitors don’t need a car to get around. Almost everything is close by. Enjoy a special Catalina Island vacation in one of the Catalina Island Inn family rooms that accommodate up to five people. Catalina Island Inn hosts family reunions & weddings and is still intimate enough for a romantic getaway. Whether you are on a solo-adventure or traveling with a crowd, the Catalina Island Inn has something for everyone. Rooms range from moderate priced twins or queen bed non view rooms to luxury, harbor view, king rooms and suites. Accommodations are beautifully decorated in a clean, contemporary island style. We are one of the most romantic Catalina hotels. Treat yourself to a relaxing getaway at the Catalina Island Inn hotel. The Catalina Island Inn is pleased to feature its 5 spectacular ground floor King bedded rooms with private patios, fireplaces, nurturing textures and spacious tiled showers. All rooms have free wi-fi, flat screen TVs, quiet comfort, and lush contemporary décor. A handicap-accessible guest room is also available. Its unique luxury also meets all ADA guidelines for wheelchair guests needing special conveniences including easily accessible thresholds, widened doorways and a bench in the large tiled shower. Come "home" to Catalina Island Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Catalina Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Island Hotel Avalon
- Catalina Island Inn Avalon, CA