“Clean and Close to Everything!”

and 1 more site!
Catalina Island Inn
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Reviewed 6 May 2013

All the great stuff:
Clean with modern decor.
Courteous staff.
Close to Cresent Avenue, yet far away enough.
Next to Vons Express for snacks.
Community balcony to enjoy.
Provides traveler shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, hair dryer.
Provides light breakfast (coffee, juice, pasteries).
Room had mini-fridge.

A few things to note:
Small bathroom/shower (Reminds me of cruiseship cabin size).
Small rooms (most rooms on th island are small, unless you book a suite).
No elevator (I haven't seen a place that has an elevator on the island).
Remodel/Construction occurred during weekday of our stay, but ended by 5pm.
Most rooms have ceiling fans, no AC.

I would definitely return to stay at the Catalina Inn!

Room Tip: Call the Inn to suggest a room that fits your needs (i.e. quiet, view, extra space,
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Old_Rugger

Reviewed 2 May 2013

Loved the moment we arrived, The hotel was clean and counter staff, greeted us as we walked inthe door. Due to our early arrival they allowed us to drop off our baggage and leave on our excursions for the day. My wife and i will definitely return in the future for more stays.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

It's a charming hotel only 1/2 block from the ocean and within easy walking distance of everything Catalina has to offer. The Inn is kept very clean and the staff is pleasant and helpful. The balcony is a nice area to relax with a book and coffee.

Room Tip: Rooms over the street are a little louder. It didn't bother me to hear the action but may bother...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2013

This hotel is both charming and full of pleasant surprises. I have visited Catalina Island a few times over the years and stayed at a couple of different places. This is my favorite hotel overall! Best value for the price you pay. Very close to everything including the water. The staff is very professional but also very nice and went above and beyond to ensure that we had a great time. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who would like to visit Catalina Island. Again, its a huge bargain over other hotels in the area and it is nicely decorated and not too old like some other places I visited on the island.

1  Thank Sergey B
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Let’s start off with saying the most of the hotels in Catalina are old and that's part of the charm. The renovation on this was nice. The decor and furnishing are also very good. I wished they would have replaced or fixed up the interior door as they stuck while trying to open them. We had a balcony ocean view room with a king bed and it was an average size for most hotels. I would have expected a little larger room considering the price, but again I remind myself that this is an old hotel and for the era this was probably a large room. I walked by some of the other rooms and they were tiny! If you now planning on spending any time in your room these would be good. We however liked to enjoy the view from the balcony.
The service was excellent and the staff was very friendly and offered a lot of advice. The only thing that bothered me was the internet connection which I kept getting dropped. I ended up walking to a café that had internet.

Room Tip: Chose an ocean view room. The other up up to a brick wall.
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This is a moderately priced hotel yet totally updated and very attractive. Very friendly and helpful desk staff, quiet and comfortable rooms. I would stay there again. it is in a great location and we did not encounter the noise that others did.

Room Tip: Just be aware that there is nnot elevator if that matters to you.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2013

My husband and I only stayed for one night but we'd difiniately come back. The room was comfortable, clean and very nicely decorated. The bathroom was huge! We enjoyed the balcony and view of the harbor. The building next door had a very noisy vent on the roof, that we could hear even with the slider shut, but it didn't detract from our enjoyment of the hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the location was close to everything. Our only suggestion would be to add a vending machine to at least be able to purchase water/drinks.