Catalina Island Inn is so nice. I've seen some questionable reviews about it so I was hesitant about my decision but went with my gut instinct. Glad I did. Not only were all of the employees friendly, but also helpful and honest with recommendations. Called the front desk for an iron. Got it in 2 min max. I understand it's their off peak season, but still great. We got Rm 214. It was so inviting. It has a ton of windows, of which a few open up to an ocean view. Right outside our door is access to a very cozy balcony, which my daughter loved. I loved that Vons was next door. Very convenient. My only 2 heads up : The shower stall is compact. I had a comfortable shower, but if I had needed to shave, it may have been a little tricky, since I'm not a size 2. To those of you who might have a problem with it, the Vons brings a lot of customers. It's tranquil most of the day. No one should really be in their rooms in such a beautiful island anyhow. The noisy ones come at night, probably to buy alcohol. No worries. Vons closes at 10 pm. I found it amusing. Just ask for a room further back. I wouldn't think twice about staying at Catalina Island Inn again, nor would I hesitate to recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spend the night at one of the best Catalina Island hotels, the Catalina Island Inn. Catalina Island is only a short sail away, twenty-two miles, from the California mainland, but a world away from the hectic pace. Catalina Island Inn hotel is located in the heart of Avalon, California, steps away from restaurants, shops, tours and the beach at Catalina Island. Walking is a wonderful way to explore our safe and charming town. Visitors don’t need a car to get around. Almost everything is within walking distance. Enjoy a special Catalina Island vacation in one of the Catalina Island Inn family rooms that accommodate up to five people. Catalina Island Inn is large enough to host family reunions & weddings and intimate enough for a romantic getaway.Whether you are on a solo-adventure or traveling with a crowd, the Catalina Island Inn has something for everyone. Rooms ranging from moderate priced twins or queen bed to luxury, harbor view, kings are available. The rooms are beautifully decorated in a clean, contemporary island motif. We are one of the most romantic Catalina hotels. Treat yourself to a relaxing getaway at the Catalina Island Inn hotel.The Catalina Island Inn is pleased to announce the opening of its new ground floor Patio Rooms!!! 5 spectacular new King bedded rooms and private patios with custom fireplaces, nurturing textures, spacious tiled showers, free wi-fi, flat screen TVs, quiet comfort, and lush contemporary décor. A handicap-accessible guest room is also available. It features unique luxury and also meets all ADA guidelines for wheelchair guests needing special conveniences. It includes easily accessible thresholds, widened doorways in addition elegant amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Catalina Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Island Hotel Avalon
- Catalina Island Inn Avalon, CA