We have travelled to Catalina Island several times over the last few years. It's a wonderful pre-Christmas get away for us. We usually stay at Banning House Lodge in Two Harbours but they were closed, so we chose Avalon instead (really, the only other choice!). We checked out Trip Advisor and decided on the Catalina Island Inn. They had a fabulous winter special that we took advantage of and were very pleased with our choice. Our flight was delayed and we were unable to make it over to Catalina for our first night's stay however, the staff immediately gave us a voucher for one night's stay - no expiry date. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, the hotel has recently been redecorated and it is fabulous! Yes, the rooms are smaller than a modern hotel and yes, they lack some of the sound dampening that newer construction has however, that's the style of the architecture of that period and any minor negatives are more than made up for by the charm of the hotel, its cleanliness and its great location. Yes, you do have to climb up the stairs but this should not be a problem unless you have a severe disability or are quite elderly. It's a max of what? 4 floors? Stop whining and get some flippin' exercise!! The hotel is next door to Von's supermarket which is great for buying a few groceries and water/wine (the room had a small fridge) and also next door to the Metropole Square complete with coffee shop/bakery and other shops for browsing. It is only a couple of blocks off the beach (this makes it quieter too, which we appreciated). Yes, some of the rooms overlook Von's supermarket but this is not a big deal in my books. Have you people every traveled in Europe? Besides, above the rooftop of Von's are palm trees and a view of the ocean. Is it really that bad? I guess if you live in your hotel room it may be. For us, we are looking forward to returning next year and using our voucher.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spend the night at one of the best Catalina Island hotels, the Catalina Island Inn. Catalina Island is only a short sail away from the southern California mainland, but a world away from the city life. Catalina Island Inn hotel is located in the heart of Avalon, California, steps away from restaurants, shops, tours and the beach. Walking is a wonderful way to explore our safe and charming town. Visitors don’t need a car to get around. Almost everything is close by. Enjoy a special Catalina Island vacation in one of the Catalina Island Inn family rooms that accommodate up to five people. Catalina Island Inn hosts family reunions & weddings and is still intimate enough for a romantic getaway. Whether you are on a solo-adventure or traveling with a crowd, the Catalina Island Inn has something for everyone. Rooms range from moderate priced twins or queen bed non view rooms to luxury, harbor view, king rooms and suites. Accommodations are beautifully decorated in a clean, contemporary island style. We are one of the most romantic Catalina hotels. Treat yourself to a relaxing getaway at the Catalina Island Inn hotel. The Catalina Island Inn is pleased to feature its 5 spectacular ground floor King bedded rooms with private patios, fireplaces, nurturing textures and spacious tiled showers. All rooms have free wi-fi, flat screen TVs, quiet comfort, and lush contemporary décor. A handicap-accessible guest room is also available. Its unique luxury also meets all ADA guidelines for wheelchair guests needing special conveniences including easily accessible thresholds, widened doorways and a bench in the large tiled shower. Come "home" to Catalina Island Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Catalina Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Island Hotel Avalon
- Catalina Island Inn Avalon, CA