“Great little seaside burger shack! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Coney Island West

Coney Island West
Ranked #17 of 49 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Corona, California
“Great little seaside burger shack! ”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

If walking along the streets near Hotel Metripole one can't help but be lured by the Tantalizing smells of grilled deliciousness wafting in the air. My husband and I felt compelled to try this little burger shack across from the beach and we weren't disappointed. They have so many options, from sauces to toppings, but we each opted for a simple charbroiled cheeseburger on a wheat bun and shared an order of chili cheese fries. I am a bit of a burger fanatic and I can say this was a very good burger but not out of this world as some other online reviews I have read imply. Still I would happily go there again and maybe get a burger with bacon and avocado.

What we loved was the chili fries.
Again not the best in the west but darn good eats! I loved the crispiness of the fries with their tender middles and that every bite was slathered with perfectly seasoned chili and cheese. I almost wished I had my own order so I didn't have to share. We finished off our meal on their lovely sunny patio with a couple of ice cold beers, enjoying the cool breezes, ocean view, and people watching on a leisurely afternoon.

I have read complaints on other review sites about the price of this establishment. First off, this is an island. Things are imported and nothing is going to be all that cheap. That aside, we didn't think the prices were too bad. We got two cheeseburgers, a chili cheese fry order, and two Mexican import beers for $23. The only $$ complaint we have is that this is a cash only spot. There's an ATM around the corner in the arcade but nowadays I consider "cash only" an inconvenience.

verde valley
“two outstandling lunches here”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

love this place! day one was a hot dog with cheese and bacon - day two was the chili-dog. good thing we dont have a place like this near where i live, otherwise i would have a weight problem!

• Visited June 2014
Chesapeake
“Ate here a couple of times”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

It just a hot dog and hamburger take out joint with some outdoor seating. But they are pretty good and fast. It's a good place to get a quick bite and watch the tourists wander past.

• Visited March 2014
San Diego, California
“Best fast food on the island!”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Coney Island has some of the best fast food we've ever tasted, on the island and off!
The char-broiled chicken sandwich, burgers, corn dogs, fries are amazing, just to name a few. Perfect for a quick family lunch or dinner and the price is perfect. My kids were wanting to go back for every meal while we vacationed on the island. You will not be disappointed if you visit Coney Island West in Catalina!

• Visited April 2014
Logandale, Nevada
“Hit the spot!”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We were starving when we got to the island and started to survey the vast supply of eateries within a few blocks of each other. We walked by this placed and were drawn in by the great smell of the food. I was really in the mood for a good burger and fries so we gave it a shot.
Me and my wife both got the bacon cheese burger and I have to say it was pretty good. The fries had a delicious seasoning on them. I looked at some of the other meals around me and they all looked great. Next time I'm going to try the Chili Cheese fries.
There were so many places to eat and most of them are probably good but if you're looking for quick patio dining without fancy napkins or table service you may want to give this place a try. And the waffle cone ice cream joint is just across the street!

• Visited February 2014