“Terrific Find”
Review of Catalina Lodge

Catalina Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Catalina Lodge
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Reviewed 20 September 2010

We spent a night on Catalina Island and had chosen the Catalina Lodge on the advice of friends. It is a terrific find - friendly, pleasant, great location, very moderate price with a new mattress on each bed, and freshly painted rooms. Each room also has a refrigerator and a microwave - which is a real convenience given the high prices for restaurants and often long waits for a table. The young woman on the desk (a member of the family that owns the Lodge) was very knowledgeable about the island, and extremely helpful in advising on activities for a short stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank asg42

Reviewed 10 June 2010

On Memorial day last week I stayed 3 days and 2 nights at the catalina Lodge at 235 Beacon St. Bruce and Roberta Black (owners) are the sweetest and most helpful people I met on the island. They bent over backwards to accomodate me during my stay. All in all from the price to the room I give it two thumbs up! I will be staying there every time I visit Catalina. I have found my home away from home =).

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
7  Thank devildogg76
Reviewed 12 May 2010

My wife and I needed a place to stay for the night and stumbled upon a little motel called the Catalina Lodge. The owners were very nice and even let us check out an hour later to sleep in a bit longer. The room was furnished with a microwave, refrigerator and television. Not much more needed for a relaxing trip to Catalina Island. Our room was clean and access to additional towels and pillows were offered if needed. I recommend this place to anyone looking for a quick getaway at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TravelingDad001
Reviewed 7 December 2008

Was looking for a weekend getaway during the off-season in Catalina when its a little quietier. normally you can find reduced rates at many of the hotels but It turned out to be Triathlon weekend, and the economy hotels were booked.

I had walked by the Catalina Lodge on other trips to Catalina and thought I'd give them a call. The manager explained that the credit card machine was down, that I would need to pay cash so I was a little nervous to show up, and find I have no room. The manager was there onsite, and was awaiting our arrival.

The large room was simply furnished, plus microwave, small refrigerator. Its was clean and location was steps from the center of Avalon.

Due to the high winds, we were unable to leave as plan, and the manager was very accomodating. Since we were unable to leave, he even discounted the rate for the extra night since we were stranded. If your looking for an affordable alternative, and don't need a lot of frills - this may be the place for you.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple