My fiance and I stayed here for a weekend. I had stayed here before with a couple girlfriends and remembered it being decent. The location is great, just a quick walk to the beachfront with all the shops. The room was very clean and the bed was nice and comfy. It was just very small. We had a queen bed that took up most of the room. The bathroom was also small so it was very hard to the 2 of us to move around the room. Also- we were on the 4th floor and there is no elevator so we had to lug our suitcases all the way up, although this may be the case with most hotels in Avalon.
Overall I think the Avalon hotels are overpriced for what you get. Not sure if I would stay here again but not sure if the nicer hotels that are much higher price would be any better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When visiting beautiful Catalina Island, you will find a gem of a hotel called The Casa Marquita. Located a short walk from the bustling shops and restaurants on front street, Crescent Ave, the Casa Maraquita offers a quiet and comfortable place to stay. The staff are friendly and accommodating. Casa Mariquita boasts classic Spanish architecture keeping with the traditional charm of Avalon, Santa Catalina Island.Built in 1990, Casa Mariquita Hotel is among the newest built of all Catalina Island hotels. We offer a variety of Catalina Island hotel packages so that you can get the most out of your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Casa Mariquita Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Mariquita Avalon
- Casa Mariquita Hotel Avalon
- Casa Mariquita Hotel Catalina Island/Avalon, CA