“Great Find”

El Terado Terrace
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Reviewed 21 October 2011

The El Terado Hotel

I gotta say, the El Terado is a great place to stay on Catalina island and really has great value.

Let me describe my 1st visit this past weekend

I was impressed by huge room. (400 square foot). It was more like a deluxe hotel suite with new granite counter tops, fully equipped kitchen with full sized refrigerators and a stove.

So there I was, less then 30 minutes after getting off the boat at the El Terado, siting back, enjoying some snacks and a "refreshment", my friend making a full meal in the kitchen, I had already stumbled on my favorite movie on a huge flat screen TV.

I was in heaven.

The rest of the weekend was exactly what we needed and I must say that it
was the great start at the El Terado that set the mood.

Thanks Again

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa L

Reviewed 1 October 2011

Stayed here two nights. The kitchen was really handy to fix a few meals, and have beverages in refrigerator to drink. Felt like being at home. Bed was large and very comfortable. Clean and updated rooms. Quiet neighborhood. Great maid service and yummy starbucks coffee to brew every morning. Really cant say enough good things. Its not far from town either. Avalon is tiny, everything is close. But if you want/need free taxi service, they offer, which is very nice. Overall just a great value. Thank you!

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Houndoggys
Reviewed 29 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 3 days, and although the hotel itself was nice and had all the amenities, the climb up the hill to get to it was terrible. It had a nice kitchen, and a big flat screen TV, and the manager was very accomadating with getting the air-conditioner working, and getting us a new remote to the TV, and helping me get on the internet in my room, but the hill climb, will stop me from going there again. The price was good compared to other hotels closer to the water, but AGAIN, I will pay the extra money, not to have to climb the steep hill where it sits. We unfortunatlly didn't leave the room as much as I would have liked because we dredded having to climb the hill. Of course we could have taken a cab, and did, but for every outting was rediculous, and expensive.

Room Tip: Even though you are far away from the ocean, you can see the ocean if you are on that side of the h...
2  Thank Nanski
Reviewed 22 September 2011

My wife and I and newborn baby recently visited the island and stayed 3 nights at El Terado. The staff is great, the rooms are very nice, and they made staying with a baby very easy and enjoyable for us. We will be back soon for a longer stay next time.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank JRM7979
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I love this Hotel! My girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 days and had an awesome time. The Suite was big, clean, with a full kitchen and wall mounted flat screen. The price was unbeatable considering we had an ocean view as well. The service was amazing as Ivan made every effort to make sure we felt like royalty at every turn. The walk up the hill wasn't near as bad as the last spot we stayed at on Catalina. Was only light, brief exercise and made us feel like we had a little getaway haven perched over the main strip. Would most likely have returned for the value in the future anyways, but Ivan's performance has made this place incomparable.

2  Thank DanielStephenF
Reviewed 11 September 2011

The hotel was clean and the staff were friendly. It's about a 3 block uphill walk from the main shopping street. If I went back to Catalina I would stay there again.

Reviewed 10 September 2011

Best management =) ready to service ur needs when needed
REally clean...perfect views ...highly recommended