“best hotel in catalina”

Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Los Angeles, California
“best hotel in catalina”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

They are amazing I will defenitaly be back, best hotel I have stayed in a very long time,,ivan is the best I was there on the week if the 20th for my boyfriends birthday and we had the best time , seriously I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone had a great experience!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The staff was great and let us checkin early. The room was big and clean with an amazing view. It was really nice to have a full kitchen in the room. The only negative is the walk up to the hotel is a little difficult. Be prepared to walk up and down a steep road, but the view makes it worth it.

• Stayed November 2013
Fresno, California
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stayed 2 nights here. We were happy to have a spacious room that had a kitchen. We were provided with enough towels for 2 days, but needed more hand soap and the garbage needed to be taken out, so we placed the door knob service tag and left. When we came the tag had been changed to do not disturb, so no service was done in our room. I also have a complain about the dust on the lamps. I'm highly allergic to dust. And yes, the walls are very thin, you can hear things clearly. Other than that, the stay was good. The Starbucks coffee provided tasted great!! And they provided cream. Wish we had a refill for the 2nd day though.

1 Thank Rebecca A
SAN DIEGO
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Found this place on expedia that also screwed me over but I Wish I would have done more research. Stayed in the only room without a kitchen .Management was missing for an hour . Walked around looking for someone all over the hotel. Had to have management check out bathroom and drawers missing knobs. Window had no screen and you could hear everything next door. Be careful staying out late because there are no lights to light your way to your room after a certain time.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Hislady81
San Pedro, California, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My wife and I were staying here for a night. We showed up and they let us check-in early, which was nice. The room was beautiful and spacious. The layout was nice and it felt like a place we could actually live in.

Unfortunately, it was not a place we could sleep in. We could hear the details of conversations from other rooms. Once in a while a kid would run around outside, making a loud pounding sound that shook the room. The refrigerator would make loud popping noises every few minutes. Because of the thin walls my wife and I felt like we didn't have any privacy (a big no-no for a romantic getaway) and we both had trouble sleeping.

For us, the primary purpose of the hotel was to give us a place to relax and sleep at. This hotel provided us with neither.

Room Tip: Don't room near a public gathering area.
2 Thank Elliott S
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at the El Terado this past weekend to celebrate our anniversary and had a great stay. The staff was so friendly and helpful, the rooms clean, the bed comfy, overall our whole experience was great. I highly recommend this place. We will be staying here again on our next trip to Catalina!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 107 and got a fantastic ocean view.
1 Thank VinBlanc2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 8 October 2013

El Terado Terrace is a good choice for those looking for a quiet location. They offer a full kitchen. Rooms were cleaned daily; outside hallways mopped. Nice view, walking distance (two blocks, uphill one block) to Avalon and Ballroom. Free taxi to hotel, you pay for your ride back. Enjoyed my stay there, helpful staff.

Room Tip: Our room had two comfortable queen beds, full refridgerator, separate bathroom with shower, kitchen...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends