“THANKS..”

Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Pensacola Beach, Florida
“THANKS..”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I was so looking forward to my stay at El Terado Terrace. They came highly recommended. I had made reservations a month and a half earlier. Less that two weeks before our arrival date I got a call from Ivan. He said that he had to cancel our stay because we only booked for one night. WTH, why was the room even booked, then ? Ivan did offer to book a room at another place, but as not knowing anything about the other place I declined.. Ivan also offered to give us a room at 50 % off the next time we came to Avalon.. Ivan, there will not be a next time..

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Hash B
elterado, General Manager at El Terado Terrace, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank You for your review!! First off, we do not cancel reservations if they are 1 night bookings. In fact, we are one if not the only Hotel in Avalon not to require a minimum stay, off-season. Over 50% of our reservations are one night bookings.
The reason I told you I wanted to relocate you was due to some hotel repairs that were going to be taking place during the time you would visit our hotel, you declined and you canceled the reservation. I also offered a 50% off your next visit to Avalon, and you also declined.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
La Mirada, California
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I booked an overnight stay at the El Terado Terrace over Valentine's weekend, the person I'm assuming is the manager was very pleasant to speak with over the phone and gave me a fantastic deal considering the time I booked it. When we arrived we realized the uphill walk to the hotel was a bit rough but not terrible, and still in close proximity to great spots on the beach. The townhouse we booked was definitely dated, but again, for the price we got a LOT of room! My only complaint is that the walls are kinda thin, and sharing a wall with the townhouse next door was sometimes not easy to tolerate due to our neighbors. If I want a great bargain for a stay on Catalina, I'll definitely be looking there again.

Room Tip: *hypothetically speaking* If you go to the balcony of the town home and climb onto the adjacent roof...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michael H
Washington, Texas
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel meet all my expectation and more !! I love the kitchen in the room although we didn't really use it but the fact that it was there was so cool because it made my stay feel like home!! The tv was perfect my hubby loved the fact that it was such a big tv.(big for a hotel room) I love the fact that the manager Ivan was at our service if we needed anything at all! What a great guy. The staff very funny and super friendly! Our stay was amazing! Absolutely coming here again. Great stay!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Jeniffer_smith
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

This place was awesome, and the staff was super friendly. But if you're not fit to walk uphill a little, you might want to find somewhere else. Otherwise it's a great place for a great price. I'll be staying there again on my next trip back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Shawn K
Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed 27 March 2014

What a great place to stay in Catalina. A great surprise. This is a small hotel with all we could ask for. It was quiet with huge rooms and full kitchens. It has the biggest TV's we have ever seen in a hotel 55" it's like being home, no it's better than home mine is only 46", I will be upgrading that when we get home. The kitchen was full sized with gannet counters and Starbucks coffee "Free" that's like getting a $8 discount every day. Speaking of discounts we also got a 12% discount at Staves steak house the best steaks on the island. Everything looks net and the staff was great. anytime we had a question or request ewe just picked up a red phone up front and the manager appeared like our own magic genie. WE Will Be Back.

Room Tip: Ask to see one of the townhouses.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Tracy B
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My trip to Catalina was amazing,staying here at El Terado made me feel right at home. The staff is welcoming,the rooms are supplied with luxuries-comfy beds-and not to mention the ocean side view! I highly recommend staying here,it's a comfortable,affordable,spacious, the town is right down the street! I loved it!

• Stayed February 2014
5 Thank Suzzzzie_Q12
Fresno, California
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Wow these rooms were beyond my expectations!! starting with my a complementary taxi ride from the boat terminal to the hotel. we got revised with a big welcoming smile by the receptionist at the front desk! Once she handed us our keys we step into a beautiful suite, full kitchen , with a nice bathroom, and the bed was huge! Apart from being huge, it was so comfortable and we slept threw the night. The next morning me and my husband woke up went to get some breakfast(only took us about 5 mins to get down to the town), went to vons got some grocery's to cook some of our meals for the next couple of days. we even barbecued one night!This hotel has such a family feel it real does feel like home away from home, now next time will bring the kids with us! Our over all experience was delightful, Coming back for sure!!! I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to go on a great vacation ( romantic or family) ,that has a feel as comfortable as staying in your own home!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple