“Good Times at El Terado Terrace” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
El Terado Terrace
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Good Times at El Terado Terrace”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We had a wonderful time at El Terado. They made our travel to the island so easy. Along with the 2 rooms, they also booked our boat trip and taxi. Having a kitchen when traveling with children makes everyone's life a little easier.

Room Tip: Get Ocean view!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathi N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Upland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night at the El Terado hotel. At the last minute we needed a roll away bed for my daughter. Ivan went out of his way for us. He moved us into a bigger room that would accommodate a roll away. He held our luggage while the room was being cleaned. They will even send a taxi to pick you up at the dock. We didn't take the taxi, we just walked from the dock. The hotel is up a hill, but it was a nice walk.
The whole staff was pleasant and helpful. The rooms are clean with nice comfortable beds. Our room had a ample kitchen. There is a patio with two nice BBQ's. We will definitely stay there on our next trip to Catalina.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank F54soccer
Fontana, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I loved this hotel! I'm very picky about cleanliness and it passed the test. It had a kitchen with fridge, microwave, and stove, I should have brought more food, I could have saved a lot of money. I';ll return to this hotel :)))))

3 Thank Cheryl R
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We just spent the weekend in Catalina and stayed at the El Terado Terrace. They offered to pay for our taxi ride to the hotel but we decided to walk. Let me just say that the hill alot of people complain about is not bad at all, it only took us 5 minutes from the bottom of the street to the hotel.

Upon check in we were greeted by Tania and the Manager(Ivan). They gave us an early check in and Ivan gave us really good info about the island. We also recieved a 12% discount coupon for Steves Steak House.

The room (108) we got was super clean, bed was comfortable and we had a full kitchen.

They made us feel like family and hopefully we can go back soon. Thanx Ivan.

1 Thank traveler3356
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

This weekend I was upset because I ended up not being able to get to Catalina Island. This meant I had to cancel my entire trip to the island. Hotel, activities, spa, etc.

The 3rd party vendor that I used to book the hotel over the phone, did not disclose the room cancellation policy (which was 14 days in advance of check-in date) , so imagine how upset I was to hear this for the first time 24 hours in advance of my scheduled check-in date.

I called the hotel and spoke to Ivan, the hotel manager, for a while. He was sympathetic to the situation and said he would try to get my room sold/reserved by someone else. If someone else booked it, then I wouldn't have to pay.

They were unable to get it booked last minute, but when I called today, I was told that they would void my credit card charge for the full night which is approx $189. (I hope that will be taken care of soon!)

I know that he made an exception this time and I am very surprised and thankful for this. Customer service isn't always black and white, and it says a lot when they took their time to review my situation. (I travel a lot for work so I have a lot of insight on hospitality)

I will be going to Catalina Island in the next few months when I can book my travel and look forward to staying here.

1 Thank RN201406
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We received a bit of a frustrated receptionist our last day there & noticed it wasn't just with us it was with everyone. Got upset with us for asking where luggage claims/drop off was and rolled eyes etc. another thing we didn't really like was that you cannot do a late check out even if you're willing to pay for it weeks in advance. Thought that was very strange. The outside of the hotel is not as nice as they make it look on their website & there is no lobby. Was a little scared when I got there and thought the rooms were going to be bad but they are actually very cute, spacious and for the most part was clean. (I say for the most part because our bed frame had make up ???! Stains or something and it looked like they just hid it with pillows instead of scrubbing) it did smell good though and everything else in the room/kitchen/bathroom was very clean. When we go back we will not be returning to this hotel but it may work for others even though it didn't work for us.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank NikkiGillette
Murrieta, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

This place was nice but could definitely use an upgrade. Everything was old and a bit run down. They have accomidations that could make the experience a must, if they just stepped it up a notch. Example, The kitchen was a great addition to our 3 day stay, but we were never given clean cups or utensils so we used the same ones for 3 days. This hotel is also halfway up a big hill which wasn't super bad but if you're not into doing a lot of uphill walking, this is not the place for you. Overall, I'd stay here again. The price was great and the people were very nice. It's just nothing extraordinary.

• Stayed April 2014