First of all let me just say that the staff is OUTSTANDING! They are easy going, considerate and helpful. The owners have boundless energy and enthusiasm for making El Terado a family, vacationer and couples (wanting to get away) destination. There is a lot of privacy on the island view side, harbor views and quiet on the other side. El Terado is just a slight hill, walking distance from all the action of Avalon. I have 1 and 1/2 lungs, I was born with asthma and am overweight and the walk up the little hill was pretty invigorating, especially with the clean air and cool weather. We have been staying at the hotel for over a decade because of the kitchen and quiet, away from where crowds of Avalon abound. I felt safe there with my little seven year old who was a toddler when the new owners (related to the original owner) took over. The improvements in the rooms, staff and perks have made us life long El Terado vacationers. It’s like being in a private apartment where fun is endless. We go every chance we get. My daughter cried this July when we had to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalina Islands Best Hotel Value, no other Catalina Island hotel offers full size suites & townhomes at hotel room prices. All new spacious suites. Deluxe Hotel Suites with granite counter tops, fully equipped kitchens with full sized refrigerators and stoves. Large 37 inch flat screen TVs and classic Catalina art by a local artist. Choose a king or two double beds. Simply the best value on the island. No other Catalina Island hotel even comes close. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your El Terado Terrace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Terado Terrace Hotel Avalon
- El Terado Terrace Mini Hotel
- El Terado Terrace Catalina Island/Avalon, CA