“Fun and relaxing two day adventure!”
Review of El Terado Terrace

El Terado Terrace
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Reviewed 7 December 2009

I've rarely taken the time to critique a hotel but just had to this time! El Terado without a doubt is the most comfortable and clean place to stay at Catalina Island. The accomodations were second to none and the friendly people who work there went "overboard" helping us and making sure our stay went well. I would recommend ElTerado to anyone staying on Catalina Island for either business or leisure!

2  Thank bldmusl

Reviewed 5 December 2009

The Mrs. and I had a splendid time at the hotel. It was a great location to explore the island and the lovely little village of Avalon. The was great. It had flat screens and granite kitchen. The staff was exceptionally knowledgable and helpful with places to eat and entertainment. They really made the trip. We love Steve's Steakhouse. The food was amazing.

1  Thank KillerKim
Reviewed 30 November 2009

Ivan was a wonderful help when I made the reservations for the past weekend at Catalina a few weeks ago. He gave us a deduction on the room, and even had my room number assigned for me that very day, so I could see the pictures of the room right then. The room was spotless, clean, and had a fresh, light scent to it when you walked in. Only wish I got a response to my call re my request for more coffee fixings (I like my coffee a certain way, and he didn't call back to help me--LOL). But that's more insignificant than anything, because the rest was wonderful. My friend and I are already making plans for another stay in a few months. We WILL be back!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank nightngale51
Reviewed 28 November 2009

We had the greastest time ever when we went to Catalina for Thanksgiving. We saw the El Terado Terrace on Trip Adviser and we were were not disappointed. Our stay was PERFECT. The hotel is all new. big rooms big flat screens and great customer service. The manager was terrific. He set us up for thanksgiving dinner at Steves Steak House and it was great. Onr of our friends wanted steak instead of turkey, no big deal Steves had a traditional turkey dinner and a full menu. Her filet mignon made her Thanksgiving. My wife and I are coming back (sans family) are coming back in two weeks for a room and galf cart special. It's only $100 ALL DAY with our room at the El Terado. This is the best hotel in Catalina, and Our Best Time Ever.

1  Thank tkg91
Reviewed 24 October 2009

We just got back from the El Terado in Catalina and found it was not a B&B as advertised on Trip Adviser, rather a nice new hotel with big rooms and a full kitchen. When we asked about the breakfast the manager explained that something happened to Trip Advisor a few weeks ago and the listing shifted from “Hotels in Catalina” to “B&B in Catalina” by mistake. He then jumped into a golf cart and gave us a ride to the store where we got our own breakfast to cook in our Kitchen. We almost always stay in B&B’s where ever we go, But now we have a new island home in Catalina, The El Terado it’s just like home. We will be back soon. -Joanne

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank graype
Reviewed 14 October 2009

El Terado is a wonderful place to stay in Avalon, and I recommend it most heartily. Be sure to contact Ivan directly for a better deal than listed on the website. He was very hospitable and made sure we had everything we needed. The housekeeping staff gave us plenty of towels and anything else required. Be sure to let them know if you want your sheets changed each day. For internet folks, just ask Ivan for the password upon check in...it is a communal access page and it works flawlessly. Do not worry about the distance from the water. It is a very nice walk, which we did several times each day. The mild incline should not trouble most hearty folks. You get a free cab ride to and from the dock for those with baggage. We will be back next year and we will stay at El Terado! Thanks to all the other great reviews for steering us correctly!

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1Jp1
Reviewed 11 October 2009

My husband and I along with friends and family had one of the best experiences due to the "TLC" given to us by Ivan, the manager of the property. As a travel agent for the past 15 years, I meet many managers on my hotel inspections. Never have I been treated so graciously as well as given the utmost attention to make certain our stay was flawless!!!
In addition, the suites are absolutely lovely and so large and cleanliness abounds. Check-in was easily facilitated by Ivan who even called the morning of our arrival to inquire our time of arrival and to ask if he could help us in any way. Anyone visiting Catalina will not be disappointed at this property and really should give it a try.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple