“Yellow Submarine Tour”

US$23.38*
Glass Bottom Boat Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Catalina Adventure Tours - The best Catalina Island Adventure experience! Catalina Adventure tours have been catering to tourists from around the world for over 20 years. Catalina Adventure Tours features the best Catalina Island packages including the glass bottom boat, nautilus submarine, seal rocks explorer, guided Catalina city/botanical garden tours, and guided wild life tours featuring the exotic wild Buffalo roaming Catalina Island. Our tours will make any Catalina Island vacation a memorable experience for everyone.
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

First let me say .. I'm a very claustrophobic type person. So I've always been very skeptical of submarines. However, my fiancee really wanted to go. So hesitantly I agreed. Now I'm so glad I went. The submarine is very room, staff is great & very interactive the entire 45 minutes. Answering any & all questions. Will surely do another tour with them

1  Thank amjacobo

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Let me preface this by saying I'm a scuba diver so take what I say for what it's worth. (Although my wife is not and she said it was "neat" but wasn't sure it was worth the money)
The crew was very nice and worked hard show everyone a good time. They're in the business to make money so I don't get too upset when they hit you up for extras like the fish food torpedoes. You don't have to pay for it if you don't want to and there's plenty of others around you that will. The visibility was excellent when we were there but this would have really sucked I think if there was poor visibility. It's a crap shoot I guess. I personally think a trip to the Scripps aquarium is far superior if you want to check out SoCal's sea life but hey, you're on a secluded island and you want stuff to do right?
Kids would think this is the coolest thing in the world. And those who don't get the opportunity to get out on a boat, snorkel, or scuba dive do get a neat glimpse of what can be seen in the beautiful kelp forests on the California coasts.
It was fun and compared to some of the other activities on the island, it was cheaper. I might do it again with my kids.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Exploring the undersea flora and fish was most exciting and educational. The submarine;s windows were large, giving unobstructed views of the schools of fish and the amazing sea vegetation. The trip also gave us insight to the below the sea surface. While our time under water was truly worth every moment, it seemed as though the trip was over in the blink of an eye...due to its fascinating and captivating nature. If only our voyage could have lasted all day.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This was a fun tour. We went under the water and saw a lot of fish and kale. Fortunately, it was clear and sunny when we took our tour so visibility was great. They have an option of purchasing fish food to feed the fish, which we did; but is really geared more for kids. The fish follow the craft and come up to the windows to eat the food so you get a good view.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

First trip of the day. The crew was awesome, giving great info on what each fish was and the history of the area. Funny guys too, just having a great time while making you feel very welcome. I would do it again in an instant.