“The perfect rehearsal dinner under the stars”

Descanso Beach Club Dining
Ranked #6 of 50 Restaurants in Avalon
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Surrounded by the rugged beauty of Descanso Canyon and the clear blue Pacific Ocean, Descanso Beach Club features Avalon's only beachside restaurant and bar, where you can enjoy appetizers, entrées and signature cocktails, like our famous Buffalo Milk. For the ultimate beach club experience, you can have your food and drinks delivered to your own private cabana or chaise lounge. Descanso Beach Club also serves as the Base Camp for the Zip Line Eco Tour, Catalina Falconry Experience, and a 32' Climbing Wall. Kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, and snorkeling are also available. Seasonally, Descanso Beach Club's party scene is well known among locals and visitors alike, DJ tunes and live music on Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
Reviewed 3 October 2011

My husband and I had our rehearsal dinner at the Descanso Beach Club in September, and it was perfect. The staff was amazing, the food delicious, and the ambiance was out of this world. There's nothing like dining on the beach, under the stars, with your closest friends and family. There were tiki torches surrounding us, candles on the tables and a large fire pit served as the center piece for the whole event. Shawnene, the manager, was very helpful and even allowed us to play out own music via ipod from the beach bar's speakers. We were also able to bring our own desert in, which not only helped us financially, but it made the experience even more personal for our guests as my father and I each made homemade cookies.

We highly recommend the Descanso Beach Club as the perfect spot for a rehearsal dinner or any intimate gathering.

Reviewed 4 September 2011

So I took my family to the Island and Yes Its Pricey. But My ENTIRE weekend was spent at Descanso. The first day we lay on the beach our server, Felicia was sweet and made sure we were taken care of. I was happy to spend the extra $! The next day we spent on the lawn and had so much fun we bought smashball at the boutique, Renee was such a sweetie. I ended up buying a bunch of clothes and cant wait to wear em

Reviewed 31 August 2011

Went for the "bring your own meat" dinner that I saw online and the wife and I had a great time. Huge BBQ that is self service......the side dishes were good, not fantastic. But it was so nice and quiet. We had a table for 2 right on the water. Very romantic. It was nice to do something different than the normal places in town to eat.

1  Thank Damer419
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Been coming to the island for over 30 years and have always been happy to spend but descanso is getting out of hand. Pretty soon they'll be charging to breathe the air.
An awesome place to enjoy but recommend against the chaise rentals as many are in the shade for a good part of the day and the food and drink service in the "rented" space is poor

3  Thank Kamsam
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We used to love this beach restaurant and bar but they are now at the point of ripping the public off.
This summer they almost doubled their prices. A cheeseburger is now $16 but you can save $2 if you don't order cheese!
The special order drinks went up $4 dollars a drink from last year making it almost impossible to enjoy your entire day their.
I think they need to lower their prices to make it more affordable for families. It also costs $2 per person to get on the beach.
They must have had a Harvard Grad come in and make a new business plan for them. I can tell you it will be the downfall of this once great place to party!

4  Thank dabtrustee
Avalonmtb, Chief Marketing Officer at Descanso Beach Club Dining, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

We thank you for your comments as we value the reviews of our guests. We are very pleased that you like the upgrades that we made to the beach club last year. Like everywhere else, the economy has made it quite difficult to maintain our prices from year-to-year. Living on an island increases the cost of doing business in general, but with big increases in the price of fuel, food and beverage supplies (like in your local grocery store), and cross-channel transportation, we’ve had to increase our prices this year, but not nearly as much as you wrote in your review. For example our ½ pound hamburgers with fries went up $2, from $12 to $14 and the average alcoholic drink price increased by $0.50 to $1.00. Our menus can be reviewed on our website. Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any additional questions.