“kayaking mecca”

Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Surrounded by the rugged beauty of Descanso Canyon and the clear blue Pacific Ocean, Descanso Beach Club features Avalon's only beachside restaurant and bar, where you can enjoy appetizers, entrées and signature cocktails, like our famous Buffalo Milk. For the ultimate beach club experience, you can have your food and drinks delivered to your own private cabana or chaise lounge. Descanso Beach Club also serves as the Base Camp for the Zip Line Eco Tour, Catalina Falconry Experience, and a 32' Climbing Wall. Kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, and snorkeling are also available. Seasonally, Descanso Beach Club's party scene is well known among locals and visitors alike, DJ tunes and live music on Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
Cape Cod
“kayaking mecca”
Reviewed 10 November 2011

We two couples rented kayaks there for a half day and worked our way north along the coast for a few hours. Lots of wildlife. A must do.

Visited October 2011

OC, CA
“Best place to chill during the day”
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We got chairs for two days and loved it.The staff was super nice and the views were amazing. Even had we not gotten chairs for the days we would have probably been on the beach right in front of the chairs - just a great area.

Visited September 2011
Sylmar, California, United States
“Tasty beach grub”
Reviewed 25 October 2011

great views of the water. a little pricey, but worth it. delicious!

Visited October 2011
OC California
“What a difference 3 years can make!”
Reviewed 20 October 2011

It's probably 3 or 4 years since I've been to Descanso, and my last experience was so abysmal I swore I'd never go back (see earlier review)! Well, I accidentally ended up here with some family and friends and all I can say is wow, what a difference 3 years can make. The beach has great sand, the cabanas are fantastic, and food while not gourmet was very tasty and enjoyable. Service was excellent and attentive and everyone had a great time. I never thought I say this, but I really enjoyed my afternoon at Descanso and will be back next summer

Visited September 2011
Los Angeles, California
“The perfect rehearsal dinner under the stars”
Reviewed 3 October 2011

My husband and I had our rehearsal dinner at the Descanso Beach Club in September, and it was perfect. The staff was amazing, the food delicious, and the ambiance was out of this world. There's nothing like dining on the beach, under the stars, with your closest friends and family. There were tiki torches surrounding us, candles on the tables and a large fire pit served as the center piece for the whole event. Shawnene, the manager, was very helpful and even allowed us to play out own music via ipod from the beach bar's speakers. We were also able to bring our own desert in, which not only helped us financially, but it made the experience even more personal for our guests as my father and I each made homemade cookies.

We highly recommend the Descanso Beach Club as the perfect spot for a rehearsal dinner or any intimate gathering.

• Visited September 2011