“Great time.”

and up
Catalina Island Golf Gardens - Miniature Golf
Ranked #2 of 3 Fun & Games in Avalon
More attraction details
Owner description: 18 hole course that has delighted visitors for 50 years! Internationally known as one of the world’s most challenging and beautiful miniature golf courses. No fancy electronics, just a good old fashioned challenging & fun layout. Great for the whole family. Landscaping was re-done a year ago featuring native and endemic plants from the Island. Open every day of the year, weather permitting. Open extended hours during summer months.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great time.”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We had an opportunity to get to play, it was so funny, not to mention that it took us 2hrs of going to the end, it was our first time, ok... and we were very well treated for the employee. Make us feel so good.

1 Thank Misnoralba

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Putting practice”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We had a Fun time,and teh complexity of the holes are interesting but they need attention attention. The surfaces wwere worn around teh tee - most of the mats were missing,; perhaps they are in teh process of being replaced?,

1 Thank BCRS
Vista, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Good way to spend an hour”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Fun, "home-made" touches on the course, with a few challenging holes. When we played the tee-pads were missing, hopefully they will be replaced soon. A while ago the course changed owners and they have added native plants with descriptive plaques. Missing is the nicely shaded landscaping, but as the newer plants grow, the deep shade should return.

Los Gatos, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Mini golf for the adventurous”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This is a real home-spun deal, with bricks and lots of real trees and bushes for shade. A fun course, no plastic dragons or volcanoes, and has lots of historic information about Catalina at each hole.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank SaxmanLG
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Growing up with a yearly trip to Catalina. Sad to say, needs some work!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have always been a fan of this little 18 hole mini golf course. I grew up going and I have taken my kids as well .A family favorite!
But, our last trip, my husband and I took alone.(Romantic Weekend)
We went on an evening date. Dinner and golf under the stars.
It was fun because we laughed as we used our phone flash lights to see our way through the course, and see where the hole was.
But, to be honest it needs some upkeep. Light bulbs on a few holes for one.(Easy fix)
The pads for putting need replacing and gardening clean up.
My hope is.... this will be done. This little place is a landmark for myself and my family. Kind of near and dear to my heart. The design is like no other mini golf. It is creative and blends well with the natural feel of the Island.Challenging course, and bound give give you memories to cherish.
I am Kind of sad to give it an average review.Because, I just love this place.

Visited June 2014