“Not on sentence, one word "Perfect".”
Review of Seacrest Inn

Seacrest Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Avalon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I really loved it here. Walked in for check in and was greated by the two biggest smiles and a free ruber duckie. Everything is so close and i felt was in the perfect location. I am definitly coming back. The service was great and the room was amazing.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Gmendez7
DeniseKarstens, Manager at Seacrest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2013

Dear GMendez7 (Giovanni)

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property and to let others know of your experience with us here at the Inn. I'm so glad that our hard work has paid off. However it never ends. Hopefully on your next trip our covered roof top deck will be completed.

Thank you for your kind words on your greeting from us, I like to treat everyone like family as thats how I like to be treated.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to many return trips in the future.

Thank you again and I hope you have an AWESOME summer!

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 6 July 2013

We were to the past week end to celebrate our anniversary and the experience was unforgettable. First, Seacrest Inn offers ".... the charm and décor of an historic Victorian home but is filled with the amenities of modern life..". Our room was very small. The fan was very noise. The air conditioner didn't work. The cleaning was very bad. The shower didn't have door or anything to block the water. When we took the shower, every mornings we had to walk on the wet floor. When we made the complain, the front desk employee said us, that he couldn't do anything because he was only an employee, but he would try to solve the air conditioner problem. He didn't do anything about it. Second, Seacrest Inn offers breakfast. They gave us a $10 "gift certificate" for two people to take breakfast each day!!!! Third, we couldn't rest because the noise. Because the air conditioner didn't work, we had to open the window and all night we heard the golf car noise from the street. With this horrible conditions Seacrest Inn should not be on Trip Advisor, plus the web site is misleading.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ARTEMISA2013
DeniseKarstens, Manager at Seacrest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and to let us know where we can improve for our future travelers. Our apologies that you and your wife did not have a good time and our property was not up to your standards. Due to the size of our city most properties are extremely small and we must utilize our space well. We pride ourselves on the uniqueness of our properties as there are no chains/franchises in Avalon.. All of our rooms are themed and are described online, our apologies if Victorian theme with modern life was misleading. With the Victorian theme we do have HDMI Flat screen TV's, 600 count sheets along with refrigerators and FREE WIFI. The Retreat room is the 2nd largest room at our Inn and the bathroom is one of our largest. I personally checked the room and placed your Romantic Escape flower/wine package in your room. I'm not quite sure what you felt was dirty as it was not brought to my attention on your first day. Had it been brought to my attention I would have made it right for you. Our goal is for everyone to have an AWESOME time here and on the Island. I have readjusted the shower head and the AC has been replaced, however it did work on low just not on high.

We decided back in December to no longer offer continental breakfast as there were too many guests with food restrictions and it was extremely hard to please everyone.
Our guests now have the opportunity to enjoy two local eateries for breakfast. Hotel industry standard for the cost of continental breakfast average ranges from $2.50 to 4.75 per person based on what you choose to offer for your continental breakfast. So we feel $5.00 per person per day is more than fair to apply towards your breakfast at either one of the two places. Our apologies if you feel this was not adequate enough for continental breakfast.

Again thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel and I will be sharing your review with the rest of the staff and our owners. We hope that you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves. As you can see from others who have reviewed us since we have taken over have all been positive and this is not the norm for us. Please contact me direct if you choose to visit again.

Warmest Regards,

Denise Karstens

Reviewed 10 June 2013

We stayed here for our wedding anniversary, and John took really good care of us. He even called to check on us, as we ended up taking a later boat than we had planned.

The house has an interesting history and it's only a block from the beach. There are a lot of stairs but that's not a problem for us. As with almost every place we stayed on Catalina, it does get somewhat noisy during the morning, but that's not a problem of the hotel as much as it is the problem of noisy golf carts.

The room we stayed in was beautiful: recently renovated with flatscreen TVs and really well done.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Reuben T
DeniseKarstens, Manager at Seacrest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear Reuben T,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and all your kind words. I will make sure to pass along your comments to John.

As we both take great pride in this property and treat it along with our customers how we would like to be treated.

We hope to be your hosts again on your next anniversary if not sooner.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We were back at the Seacrest in March and once again enjoyed the hospitality and convenience.
Although under new management, the experience was still first class. Denise, the new manager, was ever helpful and accommodating.
Some renovation and updating of the rooms has been done and this has been accomplished in a way that only enhances the charm and cuteness of the lovely old place.
Can't wait to get back.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wendy_billy
DeniseKarstens, Manager at Seacrest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Dear Wendy & Billy,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn and all of your kind words. I can't wait to see you both again and to show you both what else we have done!

Your going to love the over haul on the Mermaid room, it turned out AWESOME!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 30 April 2013

It's the Seacrest for us. Wow what a stay! Denise and John made our stay so enjoyable. The room had a hot tub and was awesome. If it wasn't the hot tub it was the early morning mimosa on the roof of the hotel overlooking the harbor and cruise ship. The golf cart tour was great too. It was afternoons of activity and evenings of fun at the nearby Marlin Club, then back to the hotel for a wonderful sleep. Will be staying here regualarly. Definitely coming back in August. Thank you so much and see ya soon! Lloyd and Lisa

Room Tip: Ask for the Captains room
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lloyd968

Greetings Lloyd & Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time to review our inn and to let other travelers know of your experience. We are so glad that you both had a "WOW" time.

As noted in other reviews we are under new ownership and managment and have been working really hard to upgrade the property and it appears our hard work is paying off.

John & I both look foward to seeing you both again in Aug and maybe this time we will join you for Mimosa's on the roof.

Glad to hear your safe from the tornado's.

See you both soon,

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Me and my new husband stayed here for our honeymoon and it was amazing. The room was great and Denise was a total sweetheart. We bought their package with a limo, helicopter ride, dinner, all day tour, and a dolphin trip. It made our honeymoon extremely memorable. We can't wait until we go back. We will be staying there every time we visit Catalin

Room Tip: The Loft is the best, very private and comfy
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
DeniseKarstens, Manager at Seacrest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Dearest Ladrina & Alan,

First of all I would like to extend our Congratulations on the start of your new life as Mr. & Mrs.! I along with the owners was very excited that you choose to start your new life together with our amazing Honeymoon package. I very much enjoyed our conversations on the phone and then finally getting to meet you both. I'm happy that I was able to be a part of making your special weekend full of memories. Thank you for taking the time to say all your kind words and I look forward to seeing you both again on your anniversary? I only wish the best for both of you as you’re both really amazing individuals. Thank you again and CONGRADULATIONS!

Extra Hugs to you both,

Reviewed 4 April 2013

I was hired to do a construction remodel at the Marlin Club which of course took some time!Lol! I was lucky enough to get the chance to stay at the Seacrest Inn while working there. What a wonderful experience. Having to be away from home and family is not ideal but staying at Seacrest was like home. Denise and John were beyond hospitable. Thank you D & J! I highly recommend staying here if you want to feel the experience of local hospitality. And the rooftop!!! That was my favorite place to be after a long day! The view! I now have an annual pass to Catalina. I will stay nowhere but here. Thanks you guys so much.See you soon! Denise..you rock. Big Wave.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
DeniseKarstens, Manager at Seacrest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Dear David,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property and to let future travelers know of your experience. John and I both enjoyed your company, and are happy that your accomodations were like home away from home.

We look forward to your return in the near future, and hopefully you will be able to bring your daughter and we can all go on a bike ride together!

Thanks again for your kind words and I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team!

Hugs,