We made a reservation at the Seacrest Inn and were told that they could not guarantee the reservation until they received a signed copy of their agreement. They faxed us a copy of the agreement and it stated that we accepted the terms which included a $50.00 cancellation charge. I faxed back the agreement and wrote on the bottom that I wanted to cancel the reservation, and did not sign the agreement. When I received my VISA bill I found a charge for the $50.00. When I contacted the Seacrest Inn they stated that the signature agreement was just a formality. I have never had someone demand my signature on an agreement and then tell me it was just a formality. I would be very careful to inquire about all the policies and charges prior to making reservations at this Inn. And also be careful about what you are signing and what it means. I would not recommend staying at this place to anyone based on their reservation policies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seacrest Inn is a conveniently located hotel on Catalina Island with accommodations for every budget. Each room at our Catalina Island hotel is decorated in a different theme and most have soaking or spa tubs with showers. Our guests are welcome to enjoy the covered rooftop patio which offers a secluded place to read or enjoy a cool drink. A sundeck with ocean views is available for guests. The Seacrest Inn on Catalina Island is a perfect destination for romantic getaways, adventure travelers and those looking for a convenient Avalon hotel just steps from the beach and the attractions of Avalon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Seacrest Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Island Seacrest Hotel Avalon
- Seacrest Inn Catalina Island/Avalon, CA