“Reservation contract”

Seacrest Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Avalon B&B and Inns
Poway, CA
Reviewed 2 November 2004

We made a reservation at the Seacrest Inn and were told that they could not guarantee the reservation until they received a signed copy of their agreement. They faxed us a copy of the agreement and it stated that we accepted the terms which included a $50.00 cancellation charge. I faxed back the agreement and wrote on the bottom that I wanted to cancel the reservation, and did not sign the agreement. When I received my VISA bill I found a charge for the $50.00. When I contacted the Seacrest Inn they stated that the signature agreement was just a formality. I have never had someone demand my signature on an agreement and then tell me it was just a formality. I would be very careful to inquire about all the policies and charges prior to making reservations at this Inn. And also be careful about what you are signing and what it means. I would not recommend staying at this place to anyone based on their reservation policies.

19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Seacrest Inn

Long Beach, CA
Reviewed 18 June 2004

After getting married in 2001, we honeymooned in Catalina at the Seacrest Inn. My husband also took me back on our first wedding anniversary (with new baby in tow). I loved this inn! It cannot be compared to a Four Seasons or any fancy hotel, but it has a charm all of it's own. The spa tubs in all the rooms make for a romantic getaway. I found the antique bed and pictures to be adorable. The room was clean and the staff was very friendly. I enjoyed their free movies and faux fireplace. I loved how it was tucked away on a corner - you cannot get better ambiance. We never heard any noise from outside. And the best part was reading through the "love journels" that are displayed, and adding your own entry for others to enjoy. I cannot wait to go back to Catalina, and I will definitely be staying at the Seacrest Inn.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hesperia, California
Reviewed 5 June 2004

We stayed at the Seacrest Inn for our honeymoon in the Wicker & Roses room. It was victorian in theme and a bathroom that had a shower for 2. The shower was huge and had more than enough room for 2. The inn keepers were extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was always very clean and we loved the touch of the rubber ducky. We plan on coming back with our children soon and plan on renting the room that sleeps 6 people. I would recommend this inn for a romantic get away or honeymoon. We absolutely loved our stay.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Huntington Beach, CA
Reviewed 5 April 2004

My first impression was the room was dark, damp, moldy, and had a bad smell.

That night started with the local children playing basket ball on the corner without a net. Children were screaming and hitting the ball against the building wall until after 11:00 PM. Just as they got quiet the bars were closing, so of course all the drunks had to walk past our room telling their funny stories as though nobody could hear. Then the music started and that went on until dawn. I was again startled when I awoke at 4 AM (ish) to a very large, hard shell bug between my legs.
Don't know what it was and don't want to know.

We went ahead with the wedding ceremony. The vows were not the ones we chose and even though we discussed the need to have the facilitator call a taxi on our behalf, they forgot. We were in an area where there were no cell phone signals. Eventually we flagged someone down who made the call for us.

We were unable to find another room on the island but they did manage to switch our rooms. That room was much better but it was such a shame that I had to sleep fully dressed on my wedding night.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Agua Dulce, Ca
Reviewed 26 August 2003

The room was dirty the towels was old and the spa was so dirty that you would not want to use it. No phone, The breakfast was old store bought donuts and was not even served until 8am. Our friends stayed there too and would not recomend it to anyone. We stayed in the best room there and was very disappointed.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 1 April 2003

My husband and I stayed at the Catalina Island Seacrest Inn and had a great time. The room was adorable, the staff did whatever we asked (and we didn't need to ask for anything except more towels), the room was clean and giving us the rubber duckie to take home with us was a nice touch. We also liked the location since we were near everthing.

21  Thank A TripAdvisor Member